Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good deals and bargains...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post

    I also noticed that lots of the Lansdale books I'd been eyeing off were no longer for sale and I was sure that Jeffingoff had beaten me to them - I know he's been buying up on the Lansdales. But then I saw that he resisted, so I should apologise for the awful things I said about you Jeff.
    Hahahaha no offense taken! For sure I was looking through all the Lansdales and pumping the brakes. After padding my CD account with a healthy amount of funds, I had to kind of pretend I didn't see anything.

    Leave a comment:


  • HumphreyBear
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Good Lord, we have a Lottery winner on the Forum LOL!!
    I know it must look like that, but I have been paying off the top half on layaway for about 8 months. The sales purchases average out to $23 each - many on here would pay as much for a single book as I paid for the 18 books.

    While I was shopping the sale, I had McCammon's Stinger in my cart but by the time I got to the checkout, it was gone. Anyone here like to fess up?

    I also noticed that lots of the Lansdale books I'd been eyeing off were no longer for sale and I was sure that Jeffingoff had beaten me to them - I know he's been buying up on the Lansdales. But then I saw that he resisted, so I should apologise for the awful things I said about you Jeff.

    Leave a comment:


  • Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Good Lord, we have a Lottery winner on the Forum LOL!!
    No doubt! That's quite the haul.

    Leave a comment:


  • RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
    I went for the CD credit plan but I also went a bit mad at Camelot.

    I am travelling to Tampa in January and so had already bought these books, which I will collect then:
    The Green Mile by Stephen King/gift edition
    Talisman/Black House by Stephen King and Peter Straub/gift edition
    Gunpowder by Joe Hill/unsigned state
    This Dark Chest of Wonders: 40 Years of The Stand by Andy Burns/limited (to be published)
    Gravity Dreams by Stephen Baxter/signed state
    Last and First Contacts by Stephen Baxter/limited
    Mayflower II by Stephen Baxter/signed state
    The Dispatcher by John Scalzi/limited
    Riding the Rock by Stephen Baxter/signed state
    Starfall by Stephen Baxter/signed state
    Universes by Stephen Baxter/unsigned state
    Xeelee Endurance by Stephen Baxter/slipcased state

    And then over the weekend I grabbed these ones

    John Scalzi
    Don't Live For Your Obituary Limited Edition
    Miniatures: The Very Short Fiction of John Scalzi Limited Edition
    The Mallet of Loving Correction Limited Edition
    Unlocked: An Oral History of Haden's Syndrome Limited Edition

    Robert McCammon
    They Thirst Limited Edition
    The Night Boat Limited Edition
    Bethany's Sin Limited Edition6

    Max Harris
    The Zombie Survival Guide: The Deluxe Special Edition

    Joe Lansdale
    Coco Butternut Limited Edition
    Dead Aim Limited Edition
    Unchained and Unhinged Limited Edition
    The Ape Man's Brother Trade Edition
    Mad Dog Summer Limited Edition
    Lost Echoes Limited Edition
    For a Few Stories More Limited Edition
    Christmas With The Dead Subscriber Copy
    Dead in the West Trade Edition
    Black Hat Jack Trade Edition

    In a separate deal with my new favourite board member, I will also collect the first four Old Man's War S/Ls from SubPress. I already have the 5th.

    So I will have some very heavy suitcases to bring home (to Australia) with me.
    Holy smokes — congratulations!

    Leave a comment:


  • mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
    I went for the CD credit plan but I also went a bit mad at Camelot.

    I am travelling to Tampa in January and so had already bought these books, which I will collect then:
    The Green Mile by Stephen King/gift edition
    Talisman/Black House by Stephen King and Peter Straub/gift edition
    Gunpowder by Joe Hill/unsigned state
    This Dark Chest of Wonders: 40 Years of The Stand by Andy Burns/limited (to be published)
    Gravity Dreams by Stephen Baxter/signed state
    Last and First Contacts by Stephen Baxter/limited
    Mayflower II by Stephen Baxter/signed state
    The Dispatcher by John Scalzi/limited
    Riding the Rock by Stephen Baxter/signed state
    Starfall by Stephen Baxter/signed state
    Universes by Stephen Baxter/unsigned state
    Xeelee Endurance by Stephen Baxter/slipcased state

    And then over the weekend I grabbed these ones

    John Scalzi
    Don't Live For Your Obituary Limited Edition
    Miniatures: The Very Short Fiction of John Scalzi Limited Edition
    The Mallet of Loving Correction Limited Edition
    Unlocked: An Oral History of Haden's Syndrome Limited Edition

    Robert McCammon
    They Thirst Limited Edition
    The Night Boat Limited Edition
    Bethany's Sin Limited Edition6

    Max Harris
    The Zombie Survival Guide: The Deluxe Special Edition

    Joe Lansdale
    Coco Butternut Limited Edition
    Dead Aim Limited Edition
    Unchained and Unhinged Limited Edition
    The Ape Man's Brother Trade Edition
    Mad Dog Summer Limited Edition
    Lost Echoes Limited Edition
    For a Few Stories More Limited Edition
    Christmas With The Dead Subscriber Copy
    Dead in the West Trade Edition
    Black Hat Jack Trade Edition

    In a separate deal with my new favourite board member, I will also collect the first four Old Man's War S/Ls from SubPress. I already have the 5th.

    So I will have some very heavy suitcases to bring home (to Australia) with me.
    Good Lord, we have a Lottery winner on the Forum LOL!!

    Leave a comment:


  • HumphreyBear
    replied
    I went for the CD credit plan but I also went a bit mad at Camelot.

    I am travelling to Tampa in January and so had already bought these books, which I will collect then:
    The Green Mile by Stephen King/gift edition
    Talisman/Black House by Stephen King and Peter Straub/gift edition
    Gunpowder by Joe Hill/unsigned state
    This Dark Chest of Wonders: 40 Years of The Stand by Andy Burns/limited (to be published)
    Gravity Dreams by Stephen Baxter/signed state
    Last and First Contacts by Stephen Baxter/limited
    Mayflower II by Stephen Baxter/signed state
    The Dispatcher by John Scalzi/limited
    Riding the Rock by Stephen Baxter/signed state
    Starfall by Stephen Baxter/signed state
    Universes by Stephen Baxter/unsigned state
    Xeelee Endurance by Stephen Baxter/slipcased state

    And then over the weekend I grabbed these ones

    John Scalzi
    Don't Live For Your Obituary Limited Edition
    Miniatures: The Very Short Fiction of John Scalzi Limited Edition
    The Mallet of Loving Correction Limited Edition
    Unlocked: An Oral History of Haden's Syndrome Limited Edition

    Robert McCammon
    They Thirst Limited Edition
    The Night Boat Limited Edition
    Bethany's Sin Limited Edition6

    Max Harris
    The Zombie Survival Guide: The Deluxe Special Edition

    Joe Lansdale
    Coco Butternut Limited Edition
    Dead Aim Limited Edition
    Unchained and Unhinged Limited Edition
    The Ape Man's Brother Trade Edition
    Mad Dog Summer Limited Edition
    Lost Echoes Limited Edition
    For a Few Stories More Limited Edition
    Christmas With The Dead Subscriber Copy
    Dead in the West Trade Edition
    Black Hat Jack Trade Edition

    In a separate deal with my new favourite board member, I will also collect the first four Old Man's War S/Ls from SubPress. I already have the 5th.

    So I will have some very heavy suitcases to bring home (to Australia) with me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    The only thing I did go for is CD's credit plan. I was wondering who else at this forum got the credit plan. Cap
    I am in. I also owe you a PM but have had no time to get things together. Soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • c marvel
    replied
    The only thing I did go for is CD's credit plan. I was wondering who else at this forum got the credit plan. Cap


    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I passed. I was on their site and it was getting dangerous. But after the gift certificates and credit plan, I needed to just cool it.

    Leave a comment:


  • jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    So, what did everyone pick up from Camelot?

    I grabbed:

    Seductions, The Girl in the Basement, Methods of Madness, and The Disappeared and Other Stories by Ray Garton
    Brides of the Impaler by Ed Lee
    Picking the Bones and Mad Dogs by Brian Hodge
    The Family Tree by John Everson
    I passed. I was on their site and it was getting dangerous. But after the gift certificates and credit plan, I needed to just cool it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    So, what did everyone pick up from Camelot?

    I grabbed:

    Seductions, The Girl in the Basement, Methods of Madness, and The Disappeared and Other Stories by Ray Garton
    Brides of the Impaler by Ed Lee
    Picking the Bones and Mad Dogs by Brian Hodge
    The Family Tree by John Everson
    I picked up several King titles that I was missing from my collection. Love dealing with Kim and Tony.

    Leave a comment:


  • bookworm 1
    replied
    I also chose to stay away from their website. It was tough but I didn't budge.

    Leave a comment:


  • RonClinton
    replied
    I ended up passing as well...pretty cool sale, though. If they do it again next year, I’m sure I’ll snag a few.

    Leave a comment:


  • Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    So, what did everyone pick up from Camelot?

    I grabbed:

    Seductions, The Girl in the Basement, Methods of Madness, and The Disappeared and Other Stories by Ray Garton
    Brides of the Impaler by Ed Lee
    Picking the Bones and Mad Dogs by Brian Hodge
    The Family Tree by John Everson
    I chose to not even look at what they had as I am trying to curtail my book purchases. You got some good stuff there, congratulations!

    Leave a comment:


  • slayn666
    replied
    So, what did everyone pick up from Camelot?

    I grabbed:

    Seductions, The Girl in the Basement, Methods of Madness, and The Disappeared and Other Stories by Ray Garton
    Brides of the Impaler by Ed Lee
    Picking the Bones and Mad Dogs by Brian Hodge
    The Family Tree by John Everson

    Leave a comment:


  • slayn666
    replied
    I suspect it's their annual sale. A few years back they moved that to October, but I don't recall them running one this year (likely due to recovering from the hurricane season). They often have some very good deals (as I'm sure most of you know).

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X