The Stand - True 1st/1st (T39)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Stand - True 1st/1st (T39)

I've somehow managed to wind up with two of the 1978 Doubleday editions of The Stand (stated 1st Edition).

Generally, I wouldn't consider selling any of my prizes, however; this edition is taking up room I can ill afford, and the other T39's behind glass with the other SK 1st/1st's in the collection.

So, if there's anyone out there interested in acquiring this copy (it's in great condition considering both its age and the production values way back when ) I'm asking only US$225 (plus shipping) and would be happy to provide pictures for anyone that may be interested.
    Last edited by Grant Wootton; 11-17-2011, 05:56 PM.

Somehow managed to, huh? Did you buy one and forget you already had it? I haven't done that yet with books, but I have done that a couple times with movies, lol (eventually I'll take pictures of my massive movie collection).

I'd love to get a hold of that but don't have the money for it. I have stuff I'd be willing to trade for it, but couldn't afford the shipping costs to send them your way right now either. Whoever gets this is very lucky.
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

I got one of those from a funeral home. I was at a viewing and as usual, couldn't resist checking out the books-by-the-yard decor. I found a fairly tatty copy of The Stand, 1st edition from 1978 and asked one of the staff if I could take it. No problem $225 is a good price for it.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
        Somehow managed to, huh? Did you buy one and forget you already had it? I haven't done that yet with books, but I have done that a couple times with movies, lol (eventually I'll take pictures of my massive movie collection).

I'd love to get a hold of that but don't have the money for it. I have stuff I'd be willing to trade for it, but couldn't afford the shipping costs to send them your way right now either. Whoever gets this is very lucky.
        Well, didn't forget I had one already (kind of hard to do with SK 1st's) just spotted it whilst cruising eBay or ABE (forget which ) and saw it for a bargain price. Problem is, as I've acquired more books, this one keeps getting side-shifted on shelves, to the point where I can't side-shift no more .. So, figured that if anyone could give it a good home, it'd be a fellow collector on this forum

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
          I got one of those from a funeral home. I was at a viewing and as usual, couldn't resist checking out the books-by-the-yard decor. I found a fairly tatty copy of The Stand, 1st edition from 1978 and asked one of the staff if I could take it. No problem $225 is a good price for it.
          Not as good a price as your's Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
            Not as good a price as your's Dave
            That doesn't happen often

Comment

But similar to how I found my hardback copy of Peter Straub's "Shadowland". I found the hardback in a rental house in a shelf of various "rental house" books, puzzles, games, etc. The next year we stayed there, I traded it for my paperback copy. Shhhh... don't tell anyone else.
              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Bad ass!

But completely understandable. It belongs in a collection, not as a "rental" book.

Comment

STAND 1.jpg

STAND 2.jpg

STAND 3.jpg

STAND 4.jpg

Comment

STAND 5.jpg

STAND 6.jpg

STAND 7.jpg

Comment

I hate u now more than ever grant. Couldn't wait about 6 months to sell it? That's a fantastic price. Bw was looking for one though I believe.

Comment

Cos you do Teri I only updated this thread for one of our fellows that wanted to see what the copy I had looked like - keeping in mind it's 34 years old and the production values at Doubleday were crap back then

Comment

Mine's a 9th printing of the first edition. Wasn't the 13th printing the size of a regular HC?
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I didn't notice the thread was old.

Comment

Not as old as me, but well on it's way

Comment

Working...
                              X