Who here collects ARCs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who here collects ARCs?

In a thread earlier this year I saw one of our posters collects ARCs. Now I am unable to locate that thread. Does anyone remember the posts I am referring to?

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

I do, but I can't remember who it was.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
      I do, but I can't remember who it was.
      I can't remember who it was either. I have a couple CD ARCs I wanted to know if the person might be interested in them. I'm currently reading a separate CD ARC.

Cap

Comment

I collect ARCs, but only for Robert McCammon books.

Comment

I have a small bookshelf of ARCs but I don't actively seek them. I consistently buy the ARC grab bags that CD offers and I purchase them as I find them for cheap.

But alas, I do not recall whom is was that actively collected them.

Comment

I actively steer clear of ARCs and PC editions, don’t like either.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              May I ask why you steer clear of ARCs? PC editions I can understand, since some collectors view them as "extra copies" outside of a numbered run. But wouldn't ARCs be viewed as completely separate of the numbered run?

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                May I ask why you steer clear of ARCs? PC editions I can understand, since some collectors view them as "extra copies" outside of a numbered run. But wouldn't ARCs be viewed as completely separate of the numbered run?
                Yes, that would seem correct, but as pre-production pieces they lack the amenities — premium paper, color illustrations, boards, sewn binding, signature page, etc. — and attention to finish detail that make the final product worth collecting.

I do understand why fans of a particular author(s) may want to collect them as additional variants, but for me they just lack that which draws me to collecting books in the first place.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  I have no problems with ARCs. If I get one, that is fine for me. PC editions I do not care for and steer clear of them. I very clearly remember asking one author if they had a copy of a book and they sent me a PC copy. I'm sure you can guess I was not happy. There is one publisher I know that does sell PC editions. I won't mention which publisher-Besides I bet Ron for sure knows the publisher I am referring to.

Cap

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                    I collect ARCs, but only for Robert McCammon books.
                    I don't suppose you are Douglas Scott Johnson, by any chance? Because if you aren't, he is currently selling a handful of McCammon ARCs on the Robert McCammon Collecting group on Facebook right now!

Comment

I collect CD ARCs sometimes. Usually not in the budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                        I don't suppose you are Douglas Scott Johnson, by any chance? Because if you aren't, he is currently selling a handful of McCammon ARCs on the Robert McCammon Collecting group on Facebook right now!
                        No, I'm Tony Thomas. I saw his post and I am interested in some of his ARCs.

Comment

Working...
                        X