Lee Child - Jack Reacher series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lee Child - Jack Reacher series

Has anyone read any of the Reacher books by Lee Child? I know the series is popular, but I was still surprised to see Folio Society publish an edition of the Killing Floor.

I’ve read them all, with maybe an exception of the last one or two (they take a long time to get from the library...)

I’ve enjoyed them all. Super fast reads - nothing that makes you really think. Just enjoyable. And while they all blur together - I couldn’t tell you the difference between any of the books - I’ll still pick them up.

Not sure if I need a Folio version. In fact I know I don’t.

Comment

I was surprised by that as well! I've never read the series, but it seems like a strange choice for an illustrated Folio edition. But it'll probably sell well.

More importantly, Rendezvous With Rama got a Folio edition! If you're a science fiction fan, I'd highly recommend that title.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
        I was surprised by that as well! I've never read the series, but it seems like a strange choice for an illustrated Folio edition. But it'll probably sell well.

More importantly, Rendezvous With Rama got a Folio edition! If you're a science fiction fan, I'd highly recommend that title.
        I do read some sci-fi (more fantasy), but I have never read Clarke. Was looking at 2001 too.

Comment

Now that, I didn't know. I bought their edition of 2001 a few years ago, and it's very nice for the price. I'll have to go check this one out too. It was one of my favorites when I was a kid. I think I'd read it twice before I knew how to pronounce rendezvous

As for the Jack Reacher books, they are very enjoyable in the way cotton candy is...looks good, tastes good, but not much substance to them. Well worth a read, but not at all worth paying for as Folio editions, I think.

Comment

I was surprised by that as well! I've never read the series, but it seems like a strange choice for an illustrated Folio edition. But it'll probably sell well
            Even more surprising is the signed and numbered editions that Mysterious Press publishes of the (entire) Reacher series...$150/book for the numbered and $275 for the lettered:

https://www.mysteriousbookshop.com/c...edition-series

I guess they sell since Penzler keeps pushing them out, but I’m a bit puzzled as to who the collector base is for this very mainstream series.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              Even more surprising is the signed and numbered editions that Mysterious Press publishes of the (entire) Reacher series...$150/book for the numbered and $275 for the lettered:

https://www.mysteriousbookshop.com/c...edition-series

I guess they sell since Penzler keeps pushing them out, but I’m a bit puzzled as to who the collector base is for this very mainstream series.
              I actually find that less surprising than the Folio edition. Some folks just have a lot of disposable income and will buy the signed leatherbound version, when available.

Those people may not even be collectors, per se. They just don't see money as a problem and buy the more expensive and fancier one.

They are the same people spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on interestingly shaped Cheetos...

Comment

Working...
              X