Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New eBay auctions started

http://www.ebay.com/sch/stevej148/m....p2047675.l2562

I finally had time to start a new round of eBay auctions. I hope these do well.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Good luck on the sales!

Comment

Thanks! I really don't like selling on eBay. It is more work than one might think. ~Cap

Originally posted by Theli View Post
      Good luck on the sales!

Comment

I'm most likely going to be selling a book on eBay soon as part of a fundraiser, and I am not looking forward to it.

Comment

Late *BuMp* Auctions ending in under 2 hours.

Cap

Comment

I only sold two books. Oh well. I guess as Ron Clinton indicated to me the secondary book market is soft right now. I expected more action on The Clickers series, especially the first entry Clickers, since a couple of forum members asked me about that book. So this means I'll keep the Clickers series unless someone makes me a good offer. I have all four books with matching numbers.

Cap

Comment

January is always a bad month to sell. Pretty much anything. As a buyer you will tend to find the best deals, but just about everyone is short spending money in January.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                January is always a bad month to sell. Pretty much anything. As a buyer you will tend to find the best deals, but just about everyone is short spending money in January.
                Agreed. But I also feel that Ebay is a poor indicator of demand or "value" as it can't encapsulate the overall demand of a book or establish a fair market value as it relies on the segment of customers who would be interested in purchasing the book (a) seeing it during an auction's rather abbreviated timeframe and (b) being willing and/or able to purchase it during that particular timeframe. I've literally see books not sell, relisted immediately and take off. I've also seen books sell really well, while another listing does poorly with no discernable difference between listings, condition, sellers, etc. Case in point: how was I able to pick up a copy of Gauntlet's Shadowland for $25 last year? It's hardly up for sale for anything less than $200. That doesn't mean that there is no demand for that edition or that edition is only "worth" $25. It just means I was the only one who saw that auction and bid on it during that time period...and that I got stupid lucky! And while I've never had a bad experience as a seller on Ebay, it can definitely be a frustrating one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                  Case in point: how was I able to pick up a copy of Gauntlet's Shadowland for $25 last year?

Damn.

Comment

I can honestly say-without exaggerating-Selling on eBay is a pain. These experiences are why I avoided for years taking the plunge and trying to sell books on eBay.

Cap

Comment

Working...
                    X