Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My wife wants to buy a house . . . make me an offer I can't refuse ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife wants to buy a house . . . make me an offer I can't refuse ...

So my wife wants to buy a house . . . which means I may need to consider selling parts of my collection.

I'm not entirely sure I want to sell (or what I want to sell,) but if someone made the right kind of offer, it may be hard to say no.

Here's a list of some of the things I think I can part with - let me know if anyone would be interested in anything and make me an offer. I admit that this list is cherry picking random things in my collection that have some decent value. Most items are from the "wow people are asking how much for that?" that I come across.
    • Horns - signed/numbered Suntup
    • It - 25th Anniversary Gift Edition Cemetery Dance
    • Blackwater - signed/numbered Centipede Press
    • The Expanse - matching signed/numbered all nine volumes Subterranean Press
    • Murderbot duology - matching signed/numbered Subterranean Press
    • Remembrance of Earth's Past trilogy (Three Body Problem) - matching signed/numbered all three volumes Subterranean Press
    • The Complete Kane - Karl Edward Wagner (not signed/numbered) Centipede Press
    • Smoke and Mirrors - lettered Cemetery Dance
    • The Best of Subterranean - signed/numbered Subterranean Press
    • The Best of Uncanny - signed/numbered Subterranean Press

If nothing tickles your fancy (or wherever you like to be tickled at), cool. Thanks for looking.

And if something does, thanks for making me thing about this book selling thing.

Tempting if I wasn't sticking to thunderstorm right now.

Comment

At least I tempted you! That's a start.

Comment

Well congrats on the life change! I think the first two items on your list command high prices and have a lot of demand. And a few others on that list (the SubPress) are highly sought after as well. You should be able to raise a nice bundle of money with these titles. If you can part with these titles, I think you should. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks Jeff.

The Expanse set just seems so stupid what people are asking for them (between $4500 and $6100 via eBay and Camelot; I realize aren't real values) and I wonder how people can come up with the money for books priced like that.

I'd even consider selling my Suntup Misery. It would be pretty hard to say no to some of those prices ...

Comment

I just saw the IT GE go for $1500 a few days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
              Thanks Jeff.

The Expanse set just seems so stupid what people are asking for them (between $4500 and $6100 via eBay and Camelot; I realize aren't real values) and I wonder how people can come up with the money for books priced like that.

I'd even consider selling my Suntup Misery. It would be pretty hard to say no to some of those prices ...
              WOW. A Misery would go a nice way to a down payment on the loan! The last I checked that's a $10k book. I have been through 2 very shitty years, but I still don't think I'd be able to part with that if I had it. I can't even part with Horns or IT. But maybe I need my priorities tweaked a bit.

I had no idea about the Expanse set. If I had it, I'd sell it in a heartbeat--which is why I didn't buy it in the first place, I suppose. Some of these prices are absurd when you consider the economy today. If it keeps up, soon we'll be trading a Misery for a carton of eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

WOW. A Misery would go a nice way to a down payment on the loan! The last I checked that's a $10k book. I have been through 2 very shitty years, but I still don't think I'd be able to part with that if I had it. I can't even part with Horns or IT. But maybe I need my priorities tweaked a bit.

I had no idea about the Expanse set. If I had it, I'd sell it in a heartbeat--which is why I didn't buy it in the first place, I suppose. Some of these prices are absurd when you consider the economy today. If it keeps up, soon we'll be trading a Misery for a carton of eggs.
                Misery - if someone offered me $10k it would be hard to say no. But I would probably hate myself for doing that.

No kidding about the egg prices. I live on a second floor apartment with a balcony and keep trying to figure out how to get some chickens up there. Of course, with a high of -5 today I don't the chickens will be too comfortable.

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                I just saw the IT GE go for $1500 a few days ago.
                Holy shit! I didn't realize it is going for that today. That's just bonkers

Comment

No kidding about the egg prices. I live on a second floor apartment with a balcony and keep trying to figure out how to get some chickens up there. Of course, with a high of -5 today I don't the chickens will be too comfortable.
                  We are absolutely considering getting some chickens. But the weather here is a lot friendlier than where you are. As we've been researching our options, we watch a lot of homesteaders on YouTube and there's some that are saying the chickens have suddenly stopped laying eggs and they blame the feed. I guess when they switch from these two brands the chickens start laying eggs again. I don't know if there's any truth to this at all, but I found it to be a juicy conspiracy theory. Especially when I'm looking at a dozen eggs for $6.

Comment

Thanks Jeff.

I sold my Expanse set for $3,500.00. Didn't blink, bought a ton of other great books. Years ago, I sold my first edition of Carrie to make a house payment when I was in a serious jam. Things happen.

Comment

$3500 might be tempting but I think the lowest I could consider is $4k.

Of course, I've had zero interest so maybe this won't be the method to get that house.

Comment

Working...
                      X