Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FROM THE STACKS

Hey y'all!

So a few folks ended up picking up spare copies of a cool book (Dog Days o' Summer! I kind of loved the book. Short, sharp, and fun. I'm not even usually into werewolves, but it struck a cord and held it to the end.) someone else had requested. Made me want to choose a few items from our out-of-print stacks and from our present stock to mention every now and then. Maybe every week or so? Unless that's too often? I'll start off with a lettered OoP, a limited OoP, a limited in stock and a TPB in stock.

There are only a FEW of the following out-of-print items, so if you wish to purchase, PLEASE contact Mindy at [email protected] with your payment information ready (name, address, last four digits and/or paypal email).

---------
    Smoke and Mirrors - Lettered - PC/OoP -$250
    https://www.cemeterydance.com/smoke-and-mirrors.html
    This book is massive and many flavors of interesting. Not a novel, but a collection of scripts (stage, film, comic). I tend to be a little hesitant on script reading because I'm a sucker for details and prose, but I started it because of how damn cool it looked and no regrets. If you've got tall shelves or script collections or just want a beautiful book with some solid content and a collection of gnarly signatures(Hill, Gaimon, Blatty, Chizmar, etc. Rumor says if you lick the page you can taste their fingerprints...*), may just want to go for it!

*Do not lick lettered editions.
    --------
    The Red Church - Limited - PC/OoP - $40
    https://www.cemeterydance.com/the-red-church.html
    Coming of age! Cults! Monsters! Gorgeous Graveyard edition book!
    I liked The Red Church. It has a classic vibe that is common in small-town-stranger-danger-bullies-icky-past, but it transcends it a bit by feeling... broader in scope. It's well written. It's got some genuine creepiness to it and some deeply questionable parenting. The edition is beautiful. Worth a read.
    --------
    Touch The Night - Limited - $40
    https://www.cemeterydance.com/touch-the-night.html
    I absolutely love this book. I sing its praises to all sorts of people. It does not make me popular at socially acceptable gatherings (because that's totally the reason I'm not popular at parties...)
    Book follows two kids who get arrested after shenanigans by what appears to be a police officer, but there is no record of them with the local authorities. Also follows their mothers trying to get them back. Also follows utter insanity, deranged supernatural entities, basements full of bear traps, mayhem, gruesomeness, and a truly noteworthy end. Author keeps it all from feeling pulpy though or silly. It is sharp. It is mean. It's scary. It is a helluva read.
    --------
    The Narrator - Paperback - $14
    https://www.cemeterydance.com/the-narrator.html
    Norman is a semi-deity in the anthology world, for how he can bind a bunch of stories into a whole story and keep it all cohesive. Narrator is one such example. It has fantastic imagery, it wastes no time, and it is set up in such a way that each chapter hurtles you through a different miniature horror setting while the overall story still remains the star. I loved it. Short and sweet, but undeniably worthwhile, imo.
    CD Email: [email protected]
    My website: DanFranklinAuthor.com

Originally posted by DanFranklin View Post
    Hey y'all!

So a few folks ended up picking up spare copies of a cool book (Dog Days o' Summer! I kind of loved the book. Short, sharp, and fun. I'm not even usually into werewolves, but it struck a cord and held it to the end.) someone else had requested. Made me want to choose a few items from our out-of-print stacks and from our present stock to mention every now and then. Maybe every week or so? Unless that's too often? I'll start off with a lettered OoP, a limited OoP, a limited in stock and a TPB in stock.

There are only a FEW of the following out-of-print items, so if you wish to purchase, PLEASE contact Mindy at [email protected] with your payment information ready (name, address, last four digits and/or paypal email).

---------
    Smoke and Mirrors - Lettered - PC/OoP -$250
    https://www.cemeterydance.com/smoke-and-mirrors.html
    This book is massive and many flavors of interesting. Not a novel, but a collection of scripts (stage, film, comic). I tend to be a little hesitant on script reading because I'm a sucker for details and prose, but I started it because of how damn cool it looked and no regrets. If you've got tall shelves or script collections or just want a beautiful book with some solid content and a collection of gnarly signatures(Hill, Gaimon, Blatty, Chizmar, etc. Rumor says if you lick the page you can taste their fingerprints...*), may just want to go for it!

*Do not lick lettered editions.
    --------
    The Red Church - Limited - PC/OoP - $40
    https://www.cemeterydance.com/the-red-church.html
    Coming of age! Cults! Monsters! Gorgeous Graveyard edition book!
    I liked The Red Church. It has a classic vibe that is common in small-town-stranger-danger-bullies-icky-past, but it transcends it a bit by feeling... broader in scope. It's well written. It's got some genuine creepiness to it and some deeply questionable parenting. The edition is beautiful. Worth a read.
    --------
    Touch The Night - Limited - $40
    https://www.cemeterydance.com/touch-the-night.html
    I absolutely love this book. I sing its praises to all sorts of people. It does not make me popular at socially acceptable gatherings (because that's totally the reason I'm not popular at parties...)
    Book follows two kids who get arrested after shenanigans by what appears to be a police officer, but there is no record of them with the local authorities. Also follows their mothers trying to get them back. Also follows utter insanity, deranged supernatural entities, basements full of bear traps, mayhem, gruesomeness, and a truly noteworthy end. Author keeps it all from feeling pulpy though or silly. It is sharp. It is mean. It's scary. It is a helluva read.
    --------
    The Narrator - Paperback - $14
    https://www.cemeterydance.com/the-narrator.html
    Norman is a semi-deity in the anthology world, for how he can bind a bunch of stories into a whole story and keep it all cohesive. Narrator is one such example. It has fantastic imagery, it wastes no time, and it is set up in such a way that each chapter hurtles you through a different miniature horror setting while the overall story still remains the star. I loved it. Short and sweet, but undeniably worthwhile, imo.
    I think posting new items every week would be great and is something I will be looking forward to in the upcoming weeks! These are some great finds so far. If I didn't already own the hardcover titles, I would be all over purchasing them. Don't really purchase softcovers these days as there's not enough space or money. Can't wait to see what your next finds will be!

Comment

From the Stacks part 2!

Some cool CD items for sale that are Out of Print and/or forgotten items!

-----

Floating Dragon LTRD - $100 - OoP
      https://www.cemeterydance.com/floati...y-edition.html

I mean, it's by Peter Straub. You know ahead of time if you like Peter Straub. It dabbles in centuries of brooding town history, possession, murder, shotgun-stabbing ghosts while singing, you know the drill. It's a good book. It's a massive edition. Sort of like if Faulkner watched Nightmare on Elm Street while reading IT.
      ------

Shining in the Dark Limited - $60 - OoP

https://www.cemeterydance.com/shining-in-the-dark.html
      My fondness for Lilja's Library aside, this is simply a really pretty book. It has an absurdly happy monster critter on the cover. I suspect that I can't correctly pronounce the author's name. It comes slipcased, stamped, and signed by the artist/editor and it's part of the original run! Not a PC, for once!
      As for the actual contents, I've read some of them, not all, but this has a pretty superstar cast. Stephen King, Richard Chizmar, Brian James Freeman, Clive Barker, Edgar Allen Poe, Lindqvist and a whole bunch more!

------

The Girl Who Builds Monsters - $19 - THC
      https://www.cemeterydance.com/the-gi...-monsters.html
      Surprisingly heart warming! It's a children's book and it's horror, but it's not the kind that is likely to leave your children like the kid in Babadook. It's weirdly sweet among the deep pool of oddness. Sort of The Island of Misfit Toys meets home invasion, but with a sweeter family element. Make of that what you will. I really like it.

Zombie Who Cries Human has a similar vibe! But with disembowelment, cannibalism, and explosive violence.
      ------

Halloween Children - $16 -TPB
      https://www.cemeterydance.com/the-ha...-children.html
      This book is one of those ones I always found hard to imagine disliking. It's creepy and weird and just bizarre. Descends into a kind of carnival ghost house thrill ride of all sorts of awful stuff and there are some genuinely unsettling tricks among all the fantastic imagery. Plus it's informative. I did not know that thing about the slice of lemon until I read it. Add it to your children's educational summer reading lists!*

The authors are really good at doing author things. If you haven't read it... I would.

Comment

From the Stacks part 3!

Last time sold some, so the series goes onward. Some cool CD items for sale that are Out of Print and/or forgotten items!

---------

Stephen King: Non-Fiction Lettered - $250 - OoP, PC

Stephen King writes a whole lot more than horror! This book is a collection and review of his non-fiction, some intros to books, some old newspaper articles. Apparently it also has some hard to find essays in it by King, too. I haven't read it (all we have are Lettereds and it was from before my time in the warehouse) but it sounded interesting! If any of you all have insight into it, please chime in! To be perfectly clear: this book has passages of King's writing, but it is NOT arranged by King, and nor is it signed by him.

----------

Widows Point Limited - $50 - OoP, PC

If you haven't read this one, you should. I went into it a little leery. A found footage novella is inherently a bit of an oddity, but honestly... the book delivers. It's sharp and quick and creepy and whoever came up with the visual of the lighthouse as a beacon for evil things and shining downward to lure them in as well as outward, well, that image sold the whole book to me. The edition itself is pretty and there's something about hardcover shorts that just hit the spot for me. Plus, the trade is out of stock too, so it is either this or e-book!

Straub blurbed it, too. And Bentley Little. And Keene. And Burke. And Landsale.

----------

Flight or Fright THC - $28

Most of y'all have probably read this one, but if not it is still worth mentioning! The overarching theme is actually pretty cool in how it deals out, and the quality is fantastic. You have a Joe Hill next to Matheson, which tells you about all you need to know. Roald Dahl and Bradbury. King, Simmons, and a whole lot more. I know the limited edition is in the works and all, but if you want a copy to handle and read, this is one to consider!

No comments on how the title implies flight as the counterbalance to fright.

----------

Tomorrow's Journal TPB - $16

The book is simply a fun read. Like Widow's Point, it's written in a journal structure (hence the name) but it took a very different route from, well, pretty much anything I've read. While I will throw the caveat that parts of it--particularly in the first half--stray more toward humor and mystery than horror, it does hit a point when it puts aside the jokes and it gets dark in a big way. The threat is a wildly original take, and the end is one you won't forget. At all.

Comment

Working...
        X