Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Stand coffin edition

Hello friends,

I have a few books I’m thinking of parting with and want to see if there’s any interest. I have a fine copy #636 of The Stand coffin edition, as well as numbered limited and PC lettered versions of Robert McCammon’s Subterranean Press Swan Song and a PC lettered Sub Press GOT A Clash of Kings that has a pencil drawn remarque. I’d let The Stand go for $2,350 plus actual shipping cost. If there’s any interest I’ll figure out prices for the others.

Thanks,
    Steve

I’m interested in The Stand. Is it still available?

Comment

The Stand is sold.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

You made someone very happy. That is a holy grail for many people. Congrats!

Originally posted by Jobu Gobu View Post
          The Stand is sold.
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
            Y That is a holy grail for many people.

It sure is for me, and it's one I don't have. At an average price of $2500 (and not getting any cheaper any time soon), it's probably one I'll never have.

I had a chance to get get one for $1200 -- an ill friend was blowing out his collection and offering me 50% off what he paid -- but that one particular book never quite came together as he understandably wanted to hold on to it for as long as possible, and then tragically things went south very quickly. I do, though, have a very nice, Fine/Fine 1st ed. HC -- pretty rare in that condition, given the shabby job Doubleday did (and time has done) with this thick volume -- in a cool aftermarket traycase with cutout window:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...202718208?s=20

In a rare exception to my no-duplicate dictate, I have the upcoming Cemetery Dance Gift Edition on pre-order.

But, let's face it, neither are the Coffin Stand...
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Thanks for the comments, friends.

This version of the book is just spectacular in every way and has to be seen in person. The leather is so thick and well-grained and the gold and red contrast is beautiful. This is my favorite King novel, and I loved having this copy, but out of all the books I’ve collected over the years, this one made me nervous to keep. I kept it in a protected closed case and only had it out of the wooden box a couple of times, most recently to take pictures to sell. I was just afraid it would get damaged some how. The thing weighs so much it’s a challenge just removing it from the wooden box. I know that sounds neurotic, and it probably is, but I just couldn’t enjoy it. It just sat there in a closed case.

i thought it was a good time to send it on its way to someone else. I’ve been following the prices for the past couple of years and know I priced it light, but I feel like the people on this board are mostly enthusiastic collectors and this was the best place to find it a new home.

This is the first and only book I’ve ever sold.

Stay well, and Go Chiefs!

Steve in Missouri

Comment

You are not kidding. That is a fantastic copy of The Stand and I've always loved that case. Mine is in tatters but it still cost me a bit to get and honestly my DJ is held together by the brodart. LOL

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

It sure is for me, and it's one I don't have. At an average price of $2500 (and not getting any cheaper any time soon), it's probably one I'll never have.

I had a chance to get get one for $1200 -- an ill friend was blowing out his collection and offering me 50% off what he paid -- but that one particular book never quite came together as he understandably wanted to hold on to it for as long as possible, and then tragically things went south very quickly. I do, though, have a very nice, Fine/Fine 1st ed. HC -- pretty rare in that condition, given the shabby job Doubleday did (and time has done) with this thick volume -- in a cool aftermarket traycase with cutout window:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...202718208?s=20

In a rare exception to my no-duplicate dictate, I have the upcoming Cemetery Dance Gift Edition on pre-order.

But, let's face it, neither are the Coffin Stand...

Comment

Go Bucs! LOL and just kidding.

I have never owned any of the ultra deluxe books however I can imagine I would be nervous about owning one as well. Heck I am anxious about handling any number of my normal fancy books.

This version of the book is just spectacular in every way and has to be seen in person. The leather is so thick and well-grained and the gold and red contrast is beautiful. This is my favorite King novel, and I loved having this copy, but out of all the books I’ve collected over the years, this one made me nervous to keep. I kept it in a protected closed case and only had it out of the wooden box a couple of times, most recently to take pictures to sell. I was just afraid it would get damaged some how. The thing weighs so much it’s a challenge just removing it from the wooden box. I know that sounds neurotic, and it probably is, but I just couldn’t enjoy it. It just sat there in a closed case.

i thought it was a good time to send it on its way to someone else. I’ve been following the prices for the past couple of years and know I priced it light, but I feel like the people on this board are mostly enthusiastic collectors and this was the best place to find it a new home.

Steve in Missouri

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                    Go Bucs! LOL and just kidding.

I have never owned any of the ultra deluxe books however I can imagine I would be nervous about owning one as well. Heck I am anxious about handling any number of my normal fancy books.

Go Chiefs! Not kidding, I have been a Chiefs fan for over 30 years.

Back to the topic, This is a grail book for me but I admit it would primarily be displayed, I would not read it and would rarely handle it!
                    Last edited by Martin; 02-06-2021, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Steve in Missouri

I don't think i have taken my copy out of the case in at least ten years!

Comment

I certainly understand this statement.

Originally posted by fanatic View Post

I don't think i have taken my copy out of the case in at least ten years!

Comment

I see very fine books has a numbered edition for sale for only $5,500.00.

Comment

I guess the days of this one ranging from $2200 to $2500 are long gone.

I had a shot at a copy for even less than that a few years back, but the opportunity ultimately didn’t work out…a shame, since at the price it’s apparently at now, there’ll be no second chance for me at that gold ring.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                              I guess the days of this one ranging from $2200 to $2500 are long gone.

I had a shot at a copy for even less than that a few years back, but the opportunity ultimately didn’t work out…a shame, since at the price it’s apparently at now, there’ll be no second chance for me at that gold ring.
                              I remember looking at it when it was hovering around the $900 mark, but at the time that seemed like a fortune, and I was still annoyed about the revisions to bring the story into the '80s, so I never did buy it. No regerts, as the tattoo says!

Comment

Working...
                              X