• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      Nice pickups, bw1. I’m still debating.

Flame Tree is a completely legit press, FWIW.
      I believe this to be true as well, but changing their distribution at the same time of this sale has not done them any favors. This sale was my first purchase from them directly. It has now been a solid month since my purchase and there has been absolutely no communication from them. First impressions are everything...

Comment

Originally posted by rjmyers View Post

I believe this to be true as well, but changing their distribution at the same time of this sale has not done them any favors. This sale was my first purchase from them directly. It has now been a solid month since my purchase and there has been absolutely no communication from them. First impressions are everything...
        Could not agree more...the timing of their sale amid the distribution change and subsequent lack of communication r.e. delays is really unfortunate. I’ve read several other similar comments about books not yet delivered, and it’s been a poor introduction to the press for a number of folks. Hope the owner of FTP gets things together before appearances become even worse...maybe even throw in a free book, too, as an apology for the month-long delay.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I've seen sporadic posts pop up on social media of people receiving their books. Has anyone here?

Comment

I got an update today, so everything seems to be on track at this point!

"This order will be dispatched from our new distributor SImon and Schuster. We are in the process of moving our inventory from our previous warehouse, so there will be some delays but we hope you'll receive your order in the next 7 days. Please email us with any concerns."

Comment

I just received the same email. Finally!

Comment

I got a similar notice a few days ago. Considering the last few months and the switching of distribution I consider this a pretty good turn around. Especially with what the Post Office is dealing with.

Comment

I've never really doubted we'd all get our books, I just questions the wisdom of having a massive sale at the same time you're switching your distributor, during a pandemic, when there are well-documented issues with USPS. And then...not really communicating any of this to your customers.

Comment

The Flame Tree Press order arrived today. They look and feel great, not bad at all for $20.00. Ron, thanks for the heads up about the 4th of July Sale!!
                    Last edited by mhatchett; 08-14-2020, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Oh god you got the Mirror Universe sale price. You fool!

Comment

lol!

Comment

Got my books yesterday. Never doubted they wouldn't show up. The wait did not bother me. I love what they put out. Some very good authors in their fold.

Comment

I got most of my order yesterday. They Kill by Tim Waggoner wasn't included, though the packing list did only list five books (of six ordered) so it at least appears intentional. I assume I'll be getting a second shipment from them, but I did reach out just to be sure.

Comment

The 2021 Flame Tree Press 4th of July sale is live. They have $5.00 hardcovers! I just picked-up 15 books!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                                The 2021 Flame Tree Press 4th of July sale is live. They have $5.00 hardcovers! I just picked-up 15 books!!!
                                I picked up 4. One of my favorite yearly sales!

Comment

Working...
                                X