Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mhatchett
    replied
    The Flame Tree Press order arrived today. They look and feel great, not bad at all for $20.00. Ron, thanks for the heads up about the 4th of July Sale!!
    Last edited by mhatchett; 08-14-2020, 09:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    I've never really doubted we'd all get our books, I just questions the wisdom of having a massive sale at the same time you're switching your distributor, during a pandemic, when there are well-documented issues with USPS. And then...not really communicating any of this to your customers.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    I got a similar notice a few days ago. Considering the last few months and the switching of distribution I consider this a pretty good turn around. Especially with what the Post Office is dealing with.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    I just received the same email. Finally!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    I got an update today, so everything seems to be on track at this point!

"This order will be dispatched from our new distributor SImon and Schuster. We are in the process of moving our inventory from our previous warehouse, so there will be some delays but we hope you'll receive your order in the next 7 days. Please email us with any concerns."

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    I've seen sporadic posts pop up on social media of people receiving their books. Has anyone here?

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by rjmyers View Post

I believe this to be true as well, but changing their distribution at the same time of this sale has not done them any favors. This sale was my first purchase from them directly. It has now been a solid month since my purchase and there has been absolutely no communication from them. First impressions are everything...
    Could not agree more...the timing of their sale amid the distribution change and subsequent lack of communication r.e. delays is really unfortunate. I’ve read several other similar comments about books not yet delivered, and it’s been a poor introduction to the press for a number of folks. Hope the owner of FTP gets things together before appearances become even worse...maybe even throw in a free book, too, as an apology for the month-long delay.

Leave a comment:

• rjmyers
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Nice pickups, bw1. I’m still debating.

Flame Tree is a completely legit press, FWIW.
    I believe this to be true as well, but changing their distribution at the same time of this sale has not done them any favors. This sale was my first purchase from them directly. It has now been a solid month since my purchase and there has been absolutely no communication from them. First impressions are everything...

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Thanks for the heads up!

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Just by way of update since Flame Tree hasn't done a great job of letting customers know, they switched up their distribution at the same time they held this sale, so all shipments have been delayed.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Anyone received a shipping notice (or their books) yet?

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Thanks for the heads up! You can't beat six books for 30 bucks.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Thanks for the reviews.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    I picked up 4 titles!

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Thanks for the link. However I am a weirdo and felt the website feels off.
    Here are some Flame Tree Press titles

Leave a comment:

Working...
X