Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Limited of NOS4A2 from SubPress

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    I was debating on ordering this with the Visa cards my mom sent me for christmas...This makes me glad I didnt. Yet somehow stilll thinking about it. lol

    Comment


      #32
      Both the Limited and Lettered are now sold out.

      Comment


        #33
        Besides the fact that this is a Joe Hill book, the cover is what pushed me over the edge to buy it. I love the art! Also purchased the CD, 12 arcs. I have purposely stayed away from here. Playing in this neighborhood was like a compulsive gambler going to the track and not betting. I wanted every single book I heard about or saw in someone's thread. Gorgeous, gorgeous books....

        It sort of worked. A little bit. Mostly.
        "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

        Comment


          #34
          Yes, both The Shining and NOS4A2 look amazing.

          Comment


            #35
            Although NOS4A2 is now sold out.

            Comment


              #36
              Half the fun is knowing when to fold them.....Well not around here..Yeh it is kind of dangerous around here.
              Originally posted by Hedda Gabler View Post
              Besides the fact that this is a Joe Hill book, the cover is what pushed me over the edge to buy it. I love the art! Also purchased the CD, 12 arcs. I have purposely stayed away from here. Playing in this neighborhood was like a compulsive gambler going to the track and not betting. I wanted every single book I heard about or saw in someone's thread. Gorgeous, gorgeous books....

              It sort of worked. A little bit. Mostly.

              Comment


                #37
                Man... now i want to play poker...

                Comment


                  #38
                  "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Great story, read it last year, but i passed on the limited, i don't think the S/N is priced too bad but i'm not a fan of the artist and really don't like the cover

                    Comment


                      #40
                      I haven't seen the artist's other work besides the Locke/Key comin which I do like, but it "is" comic book art. A different style. And as the cover for NOS4A2 seems to fit with the comic style, at least to me, I am not overly hopeful for the art in the book, but who knows. The other concer is that he is now the artist for The Shining too..........hhmmmmmm....

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Don't get me wrong i think he's great at comic art, but that style, for me after reading the book, doesn't fit this story, and i'm really disappointed that he's illustrating The Shining, for the money they are planning to charge i think they could have got a top artist! It's the 1st King S/L that i won't be going for, not even a gift edition.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Personally, I don't see a comic book style of art working for most any "serious" story in a signed/limited. I know Locke/Key was serious in tone, but for some weird reason, to me anyway, art that works for a serious comic rarely seems appropriate to a serious novel. Not sure why.

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Not all comic artists do all of their work the same way. Just look at the artwork Troy Nixey did for The Strain. He's a comic artist and his artwork in the strain looked nothing like comic art.
                            CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                            Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

                            Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                              Not all comic artists do all of their work the same way. Just look at the artwork Troy Nixey did for The Strain. He's a comic artist and his artwork in the strain looked nothing like comic art.
                              True. I do love the work for The Strain.
                              Last edited by bsaenz24; 01-15-2013, 09:44 PM.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                                Personally, I don't see a comic book style of art working for most any "serious" story in a signed/limited. I know Locke/Key was serious in tone, but for some weird reason, to me anyway, art that works for a serious comic rarely seems appropriate to a serious novel. Not sure why.
                                I agree, don't like this comic style are for these novels, including the stuff for Stephen King books. I have a strong dislike for the limited cover of King's TWTTK. I don't mind that kind of art for comic/graphic novel, but for an actual novel it just doesn't do it for me.

                                The cover for this makes it seem like this isn't going to be a serious novel at all. It wouldn't seem so much like that without the moon part of the cover. I plan on getting the trade edition of this, but not interested in finding the limited edition on the secondary market.
                                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                                Spoiler!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X