No announcement yet.

PS Publishing Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody pick up the signed/limited HC of Klein’s DARK GODS this morning? I’ve been waiting for this one for more than a year, so I was up early, obsessively refreshing my email, to ensure I grabbed a copy. Which I did. I’ve requested a matching number to my S/L of THE CEREMONIES, which they said they’d be happy to do.

It took two or three hours to sell out the 200 copies, which I was a bit surprised by…I kinda figured it’d be gone within minutes. Go figure.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      Anybody pick up the signed/limited HC of Klein’s DARK GODS this morning? I’ve been waiting for this one for more than a year, so I was up early, obsessively refreshing my email, to ensure I grabbed a copy. Which I did. I’ve requested a matching number to my S/L of THE CEREMONIES, which they said they’d be happy to do.

It took two or three hours to sell out the 200 copies, which I was a bit surprised by…I kinda figured it’d be gone within minutes. Go figure.
      I have waited patiently as well…and passed. DARK GODS is an absolute masterpiece and should be recognized on the same level of Barker’s BOOKS OF BLOOD. I’m just not a huge fan of PS’s books. Centipede’s edition of “Children of the Kingdom” is coming out soon to wreck havoc on my wallet, so that made it made my decision a little easier. It was a reasonable price and I’m sure I will regret it at some point, but this edition didn’t speak to me.

I also was surprised that it didn’t sell out immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I have waited patiently as well…and passed. DARK GODS is an absolute masterpiece and should be recognized on the same level of Barker’s BOOKS OF BLOOD. I’m just not a huge fan of PS’s books. Centipede’s edition of “Children of the Kingdom” is coming out soon to wreck havoc on my wallet, so that made it made my decision a little easier. It was a reasonable price and I’m sure I will regret it at some point, but this edition didn’t speak to me.

I also was surprised that it didn’t sell out immediately.
        I do have to say the cover art doesn’t do much for me, but it wasn’t enough to dissuade me…for me, the collection is just too important and special to miss in this signed deluxe edition.

I also hope to get the Centipede CHILDREN OF THE KINGDOM, but with this PS edition of DARK GODS the imperative will be (a bit) less…so who knows, maybe this PS volume will end up saving me some money in the long run. Maybe.

Comment

I missed the announcement while at work and it had sold out by the time I saw it, but such is life. I've actually never read any Klein, but I'll have to move him up the list.

PS Publishing certainly isn't for everyone, but I actually love their books. Sure, they are not typically up to the same level of quality as many other small presses, but there's a charm to them. Plus their uniform sizing REALLY pleases some OCD part of me, haha!

Comment

Yep, was exactly as eager as you, Ron, to grab a signed limited of such a seminal collection as Klein's DARK GODS, and to match my copy of THE CEREMONIES as well. True, these PS editions are no Centipede's, but they are not bad by any stretch (at least judging by my copy of THE CEREMONIES, which I quite like), and they are certainly priced right. Also like you, when Centipede does finally publish their letterpress CHILDREN OF THE KINGDOM- and I balk at the (probable $500 plus) price, hopefully this collection (which will probably become very desirable in it's own right due to it's importance and rarity) will assuage my FOMO just a little. But probably not!

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
              Yep, was exactly as eager as you, Ron, to grab a signed limited of such a seminal collection as Klein's DARK GODS, and to match my copy of THE CEREMONIES as well. True, these PS editions are no Centipede's, but they are not bad by any stretch (at least judging by my copy of THE CEREMONIES, which I quite like), and they are certainly priced right. Also like you, when Centipede does finally publish their letterpress CHILDREN OF THE KINGDOM- and I balk at the (probable $500 plus) price, hopefully this collection (which will probably become very desirable in it's own right due to it's importance and rarity) will assuage my FOMO just a little. But probably not!
              We’re like brothers-from-another-mother, Ron S..

Comment

We’re like brothers-from-another-mother, Ron S..
                I know- we're going to have to try harder to disagree about something. Half the time I don't even post because you've already said exactly what I'm thinking, and I don't just want to write "ditto"- which is pretty much what I did above. Just, wordier. And, while we're here- isn't it just weird that nobody has bothered to reprint these monumental Klein stories in the small press until now? And, Limeys at that! (just kidding- love ya', Pete!). With virtually everything being done and redone over the last couple of decades, the dearth of Klein's great stories in nice editions has been a head-scratcher for sure. Anyway, can't wait for DARK GODS!

Comment

And, while we're here- isn't it just weird that nobody has bothered to reprint these monumental Klein stories in the small press until now? And, Limeys at that! (just kidding- love ya', Pete!). With virtually everything being done and redone over the last couple of decades, the dearth of Klein's great stories in nice editions has been a head-scratcher for sure. Anyway, can't wait for DARK GODS!
                  I always kind of assumed it must have been due to Klein’s own reluctance (for whatever reason) to have his material reproduced in deluxe format. Reading between the lines of several interviews (and making some unsubstantiated conclusions), he seems to somewhat dismiss the enduring worth of his older work, and then there’s his decades-long writer’s block…taken together, it seems to suggest a writer who isn’t particularly comfortable with his own legacy, and perhaps that makes him reluctant to bestow it honors with a fancy production.

Or I could be way off-base.

But if Klein was reluctant (and, I agree, it’s unfathomable to imagine it was simply that no publisher was interested in reprinting his stuff), I’m glad Pete was somehow able to overcome his Klein’s objections.

Comment

I had to pass on this one. Maybe at some point They'll release a nice Trade Paperback.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                      I had to pass on this one. Maybe at some point They'll release a nice Trade Paperback.
                      It was listed on their website at the same as the HC…I think it was 14.99 pounds.

Comment

Thanks Ron!

Comment

It was listed on their website at the same as the HC…I think it was 14.99 pounds.
                          Yes, that's what I ordered. With shipping, it came to around $35.

Comment

Anyone here who is buying the Trade Paperback of DARK GODS and doesn't have THE CEREMONIES- PS's discount site has the TPB for a whopping $6.81 USD. https://pspublishing2.com/novels-11-c.asp

Shipping has gotten so expensive, though, and has rendered their discount site to be kind of a "push" now, once shipping to the US is added. Anyway, perhaps if anyone is already paying for a book to be shipped (i.e. DARK GODS), it may be worth an email to Tasmin over there to see if you can add THE CEREMONIES for just a little more.

Comment

Anyone here who is buying the Trade Paperback of DARK GODS and doesn't have THE CEREMONIES- PS's discount site has the TPB for a whopping $6.81 USD. https://pspublishing2.com/novels-11-c.asp

Shipping has gotten so expensive, though, and has rendered their discount site to be kind of a "push" now, once shipping to the US is added. Anyway, perhaps if anyone is already paying for a book to be shipped (i.e. DARK GODS), it may be worth an email to Tasmin over there to see if you can add THE CEREMONIES for just a little more.
                              Good Idea! I just emailed and asked if I could do that. I know I have a paperback copy of Ceremonies buried on the attic shelves, but I couldn't find it last time I looked.

Comment

Idk why some people don't appreciate this kind of story encountered in Solar Pons. I guess that's the gist of people's diversity and uniqueness. I'm a bit confused in this situation because I thought only a few people weren't into "Sherlockian" stories. As the thread concerns sales, I would like to ask if you're acquainted with the salesforce pipeline management concept. I'm a newbie in this field, and some points are still unclear to me. I would highly appreciate any advice and support you could provide. Cheers!
                                Last edited by RonnyChustz; 06-21-2022, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X