PS Publishing Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Yeah, I couldn't believe the price gouge on these by DRP. Personally, if I was PS, I wouldn't let them buy as a publisher if I knew they were just going to immediately flip them for aftermarket prices. That being said, I understand why DRP did it and they were almost guaranteed to sell. When SK titles drop, it's like chum in the waters, especially for those who miss out.
    Ah OK thanks for letting me know. After seeing what DRP was able to get for those copies, I sweated a little more that I still didn't make payment.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuggers View Post
      They have a couple copies left of DIFFERENT SEASONS  on DRP https://darkregions.com/products/dif...-king-preorder
      As this is a PS title I want I got excited at the DRP email. As soon as I opened the site and saw the price they wanted I walked away. I do not want it that bad.

Comment

Does PS typically send out shipping notifications?
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
          Does PS typically send out shipping notifications?
          Yes, they do, but it just tells you it's shipping and to expect it to arrive within whatever the standard shipping time is to your part of the world.

ps_ship.jpg
          Last edited by Dave1442397; 05-23-2023, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Thanks. I will reach out to them. It's been a few weeks since I placed an order and hadn't heard anything from them.

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

Yes, they do, but it just tells you it's shipping and to expect it to arrive within whatever the standard shipping time is to your part of the world.

ps_ship.jpg
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Did you get your order link yet? Nicky told me a copy would be reserved for me but I haven't been asked for payment yet.
              Hi Jeff, FYI- I just got my invoice link from PS for Different Seasons. Hope you'll be getting your invoice soon too!

Comment

Hi Jeff, FYI- I just got my invoice link from PS for Different Seasons. Hope you'll be getting your invoice soon too!
                Yes! Thank you!I got my link yesterday and I paid. I got the notice and then I got distracted and I almost forgot to pay. I've seen the slipcase design and it looks great. Still scratching my head wondering why 'Salem's Lot and The Tommyknockers needed a three volume set but Different Seasons is only one. But I'm thrilled to finally have a copy of Different Seasons and a limited one at that.

Comment

Yes! Thank you!I got my link yesterday and I paid. I got the notice and then I got distracted and I almost forgot to pay. I've seen the slipcase design and it looks great. Still scratching my head wondering why 'Salem's Lot and The Tommyknockers needed a three volume set but Different Seasons is only one. But I'm thrilled to finally have a copy of Different Seasons and a limited one at that.
                  These were my thoughts as well. Breaking up Different Seasons into a multi-volume set would have made much more sense to me. But I'm sure PS had their reasons.

Comment

Yeah, I would have preferred a multi-volume set as well or something playing more into the original different season concept!

Side note- I've was secretly hoping Centipede would do something multi-volume with the Bachman books when I saw that Long Walk announcement sometime back, but I figure they would've released them as a set and not piecemeal; so, that's probably not going to happen either. (Would especially give anything for a Running Man LE as that book meant everything to me when I was younger). * sorry, the multi-volume set thing made me think of this.

Comment

Yeah, I would have preferred a multi-volume set as well or something playing more into the original different season concept!

Side note- I've was secretly hoping Centipede would do something multi-volume with the Bachman books when I saw that Long Walk announcement sometime back, but I figure they would've released them as a set and not piecemeal; so, that's probably not going to happen either. (Would especially give anything for a Running Man LE as that book meant everything to me when I was younger). * sorry, the multi-volume set thing made me think of this.
                      I want the same thing for the Bachman books and Centipede Press! I'm sure other buyers have floated that idea to Jerad, but I haven't heard anything in the wind about future books. That being said, we also heard exactly ZILCH about The Long Walk so who know? If I was Jerad, I wouldn't announce anything ahead of time because he'd probably be flooded with questions until the books are released. Even if he gets to do more, I don't think we'll ever see Rage since King pulled it out of print. I also want Centipede to do a multi-volume set of all the novellas in Klein's Dark Gods since they did the letterpress edition of "Children of the Kingdom," but that's even more off-topic.

Comment

A Centipede set of the Bachman books would be fantastic. Replace Rage with Thinner maybe. Only issue is that it can't be a set contained in a single slipcase since LW already has its own.

Comment

A Centipede set of the Bachman books would be fantastic. Replace Rage with Thinner maybe. Only issue is that it can't be a set contained in a single slipcase since LW already has its own.
                            I picked these 2 king books the other day at Goodwill.  Not a big King Collector but they came out of the back on a cart, right in front of me, so I took it as a sign.  I saw Rage was part of the omnibus, so, another reason to grab it.

King 2.jpg

Comment

Speaking of PS, I pre-ordered the signed/limited HC of Robert Silverberg's MONSTERS AND THINGS a few weeks ago...good to see it now out-of-print (not sure how long the limited HC copies lasted) as it shows continued enthusiasm for Silverberg's early work and that's a Very Good Thing.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                              Speaking of PS, I pre-ordered the signed/limited HC of Robert Silverberg's MONSTERS AND THINGS a few weeks ago...good to see it now out-of-print (not sure how long the limited HC copies lasted) as it shows continued enthusiasm for Silverberg's early work and that's a Very Good Thing.
                              I forgot to order it, sadly. But I'm way over-budget at the moment, so it wasn't meant to be.

I don't think it'll be too difficult to find on the secondary market some day.

Comment

Just received my copy of Different Seasons from PS. Always happy when I receive these SK editions from them. Like the artwork in this one a lot. As always, I do wish they used a sturdier feeling slipcase such as the ones offered by CD but I'm sure it helps them reduce cost and production time. PS has this line down pat as they seem to be able to produce these SK limited editions rather quickly compared to others. Can't wait for the next one!

Hope this is an ok place to post this as I didn't see a dedicated PS thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X