No announcement yet.

PS Publishing Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for sharing your experience and the information about the PS site sales on Facebook. It's always great to find good deals on items we're interested in. I'm sure others who are interested in the Solar Pons Bundle and the Quartermass Bundle will appreciate the heads-up. Enjoy your new purchases!
    I was wondering if are they going to make such sales again soon?

Comment

I've normally purchased the PS series from them directly, but missed the onsale times for the last book. I ended up getting "my number" arranged when CD put them up for sale (and a note to Nicky@PS & Mindy@CD). Do those of us that have purchased these from CD get a chance to continue our series, now that my number is being sent to CD, or will I need to watch for a CD onsale announcement. Thanks.

Comment

Anybody opt for the DIFFERENT SEASONS slipcased volume? I've missed out on the first two ordering sessions, but perhaps I'll have at shot at the third and last. If not, eh, I still have my NF/Fine 1st trade HC of it to soothe my loss.

EDIT: So odd, I was there five minutes before the second and third session -- and I know the time conversion was correct and the site was appropriately slow so I could tell a it was having a lot of visitors at those points -- yet it never changed from Out of Print, not even a brief flash of a chance to at least try and get an order in...just an unchanging status of Out of Print. Very strange, I don't understand. Oh well.
        Last edited by RonClinton; 05-12-2023, 11:09 PM.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
          Anybody opt for the DIFFERENT SEASONS slipcased volume? I've missed out on the first two ordering sessions, but perhaps I'll have at shot at the third and last. If not, eh, I still have my NF/Fine 1st trade HC of it to soothe my loss.

EDIT: So odd, I was there five minutes before the second and third session -- and I know the time conversion was correct and the site was appropriately slow so I could tell a it was having a lot of visitors at those points -- yet it never changed from Out of Print, not even a brief flash of a chance to at least try and get an order in...just an unchanging status of Out of Print. Very strange, I don't understand. Oh well.
          This is one of the few King books from PS that I really would like to own. I had the same experience as you with the site so it was not to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

This is one of the few King books from PS that I really would like to own. I had the same experience as you with the site so it was not to be.
            Sorry to hear you had the same experience as me.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Sorry to hear you had the same experience as me.
              Crap, I wish I had hopped on these forums yesterday. They never changed the page from Out of Print, but there was a secret to getting it to work.

If you put 1 in the quantity box and hit enter it would add one to your cart. Truly a bizarre system!

I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to grab one.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

Crap, I wish I had hopped on these forums yesterday. They never changed the page from Out of Print, but there was a secret to getting it to work.

If you put 1 in the quantity box and hit enter it would add one to your cart. Truly a bizarre system!

What?! Unbelievable. Absurd things like that are just maddening…it shouldn’t be that difficult, that bizarrely convoluted, to give a business my money. I think I’m about done with these mad-scramble King pre-order events, PS or otherwise…from this one to LATER to 11/22/63, it seems like something always goes awry.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

That is unfortunate but i am not entirely surprised. I tried to be logged into the site prior to the opening and the site would act like it was accepting my login but never actually logged me in. This is the first PS book I have wanted to buy in a while. I will chalk this up to another company working to teach me ignore their offerings.

Comment

They have a couple copies left of DIFFERENT SEASONSĀ  on DRPĀ https://darkregions.com/products/dif...-king-preorder

Comment

I was lucky enough to be able to pre-order PS-Different Seasons due to having ordered the last few volumes (Cujo & Needful Things) directly from PS and obtaining a number. For those books, I was always a little annoyed at having to pay the big shipping difference due to having them shipped directly from the UK to the U.S.; however, now I'm almost looking at the price difference as a small fee to avoid having to deal with all the issues and drama when the SK titles are dropped for pre-order on their website. In my previous experience, the website always crashes and leaves you feeling super frustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                        I was lucky enough to be able to pre-order PS-Different Seasons due to having ordered the last few volumes (Cujo & Needful Things) directly from PS and obtaining a number. For those books, I was always a little annoyed at having to pay the big shipping difference due to having them shipped directly from the UK to the U.S.; however, now I'm almost looking at the price difference as a small fee to avoid having to deal with all the issues and drama when the SK titles are dropped for pre-order on their website. In my previous experience, the website always crashes and leaves you feeling super frustrated.
                        Did you get your order link yet? Nicky told me a copy would be reserved for me but I haven't been asked for payment yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuggers View Post
                          They have a couple copies left of DIFFERENT SEASONSĀ on DRPĀ https://darkregions.com/products/dif...-king-preorder
                          I was shocked to see the price at $275 for those copies. I was even more shocked to see they sold out!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Did you get your order link yet? Nicky told me a copy would be reserved for me but I haven't been asked for payment yet.
                            No, Nicky just reached out to me and let me know they are still working on it but that we are ok. I was a little worried too!

Comment

I was shocked to see the price at $275 for those copies. I was even more shocked to see they sold out!
                              Yeah, I couldn't believe the price gouge on these by DRP. Personally, if I was PS, I wouldn't let them buy as a publisher if I knew they were just going to immediately flip them for aftermarket prices. That being said, I understand why DRP did it and they were almost guaranteed to sell. When SK titles drop, it's like chum in the waters, especially for those who miss out.

Comment

And they went fast. That price immediately took me out of the running...

Comment

Working...
                                X