Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swintek View Post

Received my GHOST STORY today. In a word: Stunning. I have to say I was nervous that the high price point wouldn't justify the end product, but, it exceeded what I expected. It's on the level of A MOUNTAIN WALKED, which is one of the best-looking books I have on my shelf. It's really gorgeous. It was a stiff purchase (for me these days), but I am now relieved that I ponied up. It's going to be a "classic" CP book.
    My copy has arrived, and I agree with your assessment. I am not a big fan of slip cased books that do not have the title treatment on the dustjacket, but this one has great title treatment on the slipcase. I just have to display it backward on the shelf.

Comment

My copy is just leaving Denver tonight, so it may get here by the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

My copy has arrived, and I agree with your assessment. I am not a big fan of slip cased books that do not have the title treatment on the dustjacket, but this one has great title treatment on the slipcase. I just have to display it backward on the shelf.
        I’m displaying mine the same way.  In fact, I’ve begun doing that with more and more of my Centipede books.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I’m displaying mine the same way. Â In fact, I’ve begun doing that with more and more of my Centipede books.
          I only have a handful of Centipede titles, and this is actually the first like that.

Comment

I splurged and pre-ordered a copy of The Hell Candidate yesterday.  This one has been on my radar for a while; so, I'm glad it's shipping soon!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
              I splurged and pre-ordered a copy of The Hell Candidate yesterday.  This one has been on my radar for a while; so, I'm glad it's shipping soon!
              Same. I’ve read a number of Masterton titles, but not this one.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I received mine this last Friday.  It’s a pretty nice edition.  I was looking to post some pictures, but it’ll have to wait a few more days.  I’m hoping that I’ll like this one more than my last Masterton read, which was a real stinker.

Comment

I received mine this last Friday.  It’s a pretty nice edition.  I was looking to post some pictures, but it’ll have to wait a few more days.  I’m hoping that I’ll like this one more than my last Masterton read, which was a real stinker.
                  I've actually never ready anything by Masterson. He's one of those authors that I've always meant to get around to reading but just never did. Also didn't help that for the longest time, I confused him with Graham Joyce.  

Comment

I've actually never ready anything by Masterson. He's one of those authors that I've always meant to get around to reading but just never did. Also didn't help that for the longest time, I confused him with Graham Joyce. Â
                    AW, you've gotta read THE MANITOU!
                    http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

My experience has been that older Masterton is better Masterton…I’ve tried a couple new’ish ones, and like Simon Clark and Dean Koontz the later stuff just doesn’t hold up to his earlier work.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post

AW, you've gotta read THE MANITOU!
                        Thanks for the recommendation. I just jotted down the name of the book. I went to Amazon to see if they have any sort of hardcover version for sale. Looks like they have 1-very good copy listed at $250; so, it may be a while before I read this as I rarely buy paperbacks anymore and don't buy e-books at all. 

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation. I just jotted down the name of the book. I went to Amazon to see if they have any sort of hardcover version for sale. Looks like they have 1-very good copy listed at $250; so, it may be a while before I read this as I rarely buy paperbacks anymore and don't buy e-books at all.Â
                          E-books are a lifesaver to me...I save a fortune. And a lot of physical space, lol. If I had any idea where it was, I'd send you my old Telos hardcover..alas, it's in one of a few hundred boxes of books in the basement.

If you don't get a chance to read the book, and don't mind getting the story spoiled, there's a VERY trippy 1970s movie starring Tony Curtis and Burgess Meredith that is a lot of batshit-crazy fun.
                          http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

My experience has been that older Masterton is better Masterton…I’ve tried a couple new’ish ones, and like Simon Clark and Dean Koontz the later stuff just doesn’t hold up to his earlier work.
                            My only experience with Masterton, save some smattering of short stories, was A Terrible Beauty, which I found to be a fairly boring procedural that hinged on a plot twist that was very hard to believe. Out of curiosity, I checked out Goodreads to see how it was rated and found that it was the first in an 11 (!) book series. Maybe it was just a rough start or something.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I still enjoy Devils of D-Day.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

I still enjoy Devils of D-Day.
                                That’s one I haven’t read. Kind of surprising that I haven’t, as World War II -set horror always catches my attention.

Comment

Working...
                                X