No announcement yet.

Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool additions, Ron. As always, I am very jealous. I've been eyeballing MADBALL on Camelot's website for awhile but can't get myself to pull the trigger on it due to price. $500, I think. They did have the other binding listed previously with the red boards, which I also liked, but it sold pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      Very cool additions, Ron. As always, I am very jealous. I've been eyeballing MADBALL on Camelot's website for awhile but can't get myself to pull the trigger on it due to price. $500, I think. They did have the other binding listed previously with the red boards, which I also liked, but it sold pretty quickly.
      So there are two different bindings within the limitation? I know he did that with a few (Tryon’s THE OTHER comes to mind), but didn’t realize he did that with MADBALL as well. Good to know. I take it then that the red-board variant is the scarcer of the two (or was it just priced more friendly by Camelot?)?
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

From what I remember the price was the same. I don’t know which is more rare or if there is any way to track down that info.

Here’s the link to Camelot’s page which shows a picture of the red boards:

What was the second binding for THE OTHER?
        Fredric Brown is simply out of his mind, and once you read this completely out of hand take on greed, sex and death in the carny, you'll wonder how in the hell he can pack so much story in so little space. Madball -- told primarily through the eyes of Dr

Comment

Looks like the link just goes to the home page and I can’t edit it out. Sorry!

Comment

No sweat — thanks for the notice it’s there…I’ll track it down tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
              What a great Newsletter this week. I'm really looking forward to Charles L. Grant/Robert Chambers/M.R. James MOWT! Of course, talk of another Bradbury title is very exciting. Powers of Darkness sounds very interesting....
              The Grant set was announced a couple of years ago. I have been impatiently waiting for the official announcement. Hopefully in the next year or so

Comment

I have a good feeling LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I picked up another — quite possibly my (older) Centipede grail — a few days ago…should see that one in a week or so.
                  …aaannd that one, Steve Fisher’s I WAKE UP SCREAMING, went up today:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...088052224?s=21

Comment

…aaannd that one, Steve Fisher’s I WAKE UP SCREAMING, went up today:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...088052224?s=21
                    Congratulations! That’s a HUGE add! I know you’ve been looking for one for a while and it looks like you found a beautiful copy. Hope it didn’t cost you both an arm AND a leg, because those bad boys are not cheap if and when you can find one. Must be nice to have that bad boy on the shelf!

Comment

Congratulations! That’s a HUGE add! I know you’ve been looking for one for a while and it looks like you found a beautiful copy. Hope it didn’t cost you both an arm AND a leg, because those bad boys are not cheap if and when you can find one. Must be nice to have that bad boy on the shelf!
                      Thanks. It wasn’t too bad…more than I would’ve preferred to pay, but less than what I’ve seen other copies go for (on those very rare occasions when they pop up), so in that Happy Medium range, I suppose. Definitely thrilled to have this one in hand, and looking forward to reading all that supplemental short fiction, might even revisit the novel. This was the Big One for me.

I think that only leaves one Centipede crime title that I still need, so I guess that’s now Number One with a Bullet. But if it never happens I’ll still sleep contentedly with this Fisher volume on my shelf.

Comment

Thanks. It wasn’t too bad…more than I would’ve preferred to pay, but less than what I’ve seen other copies go for (on those very rare occasions when they pop up), so in that Happy Medium range, I suppose. Definitely thrilled to have this one in hand, and looking forward to reading all that supplemental short fiction, might even revisit the novel. This was the Big One for me.

I think that only leaves one Centipede crime title that I still need, so I guess that’s now Number One with a Bullet. But if it never happens I’ll still sleep contentedly with this Fisher volume on my shelf.
                        What's the remaining title?

Comment

What's the remaining title?
                          THE FAR CRY by Fredric Brown.

Oh, and I was incorrect...there are two crime titles I still need: The other one is THE PLASTIC NIGHTMARE by Richard Neely.

Both of these titles are incredibly scarce...no idea if I'll ever have a shot at either, but I remain hopeful.

Comment

Yeah, both of those are pretty hard to find. I mean, you can get them at Camelot, but THE FAR CRY is a cool grand. THE PLASTIC NIGHTMARE is reasonable in comparison at $495, but those are both at the high end of the market price. Older Centipede Press books are popping up with a little more frequency in the aftermarket now, so I'm sure that these will turn up. Hopefully at a price that fits your budget!

Comment

Yeah, both of those are pretty hard to find. I mean, you can get them at Camelot, but THE FAR CRY is a cool grand. THE PLASTIC NIGHTMARE is reasonable in comparison at $495, but those are both at the high end of the market price. Older Centipede Press books are popping up with a little more frequency in the aftermarket now, so I'm sure that these will turn up. Hopefully at a price that fits your budget!
                              Thanks -- from your lips to the Book Gods ears. I try not to kick myself for passing on them initially -- I have the Black Lizard paperbacks, I thought, why do I need another edition? -- but it gets tough when the books are so damned expensive now. Ah well, live and learn.

Comment

Hi Everybody, Hope you are having nice Easter Monday. A friend of mine over at the Centipede Press Collectors page, Logan Giannini, put in a lot of work to compile of list projected upcoming Centipede releases. Some of this is based on Science (SWAG), so on wishful thinking, Wild Ass Rumor (WAR) and some is base on legit info. Enjoy as you will! I certainly see some titles I would love to add to my collection. I'm looking at you Charles L. Grant!!

--Maynard's House by Herman Raucher
                                --Children of the Kingdom by T.E.D. Klein
                                --Swords and Ice Magic by Fritz Leiber
                                --Powers of Darkness by Bram Stoker
                                --The Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe (series reprint)
                                --The Dying Earth by Jack Vance
                                --The House Next Door by Anne River Siddons
                                --Ringworld by Larry Niven
                                --The Search for Joseph Tully by William H. Hallahan
                                --Let's Go Play At the Adams' by Mendal W. Johnson
                                --Mad Man (Lafferty Vol. 7) by R. A. Lafferty
                                --Dune (core series) by Frank Herbert
                                --The Shockwave Rider by John Brunner
                                --The Man Who Fell to Earth by Walter Tevis
                                --Shadowland by Peter Straub
                                --Ghost Story by Peter Straub
                                --MOSF Jack Dann
                                --MOSF Pamela Sargent
                                --MOSF Frederic Brown
                                --LoWF Frank Belknap Long
                                --MotWT Stefan Grabinski
                                --MotWT Charles L. Grant
                                --MotWT Clark Ashton Smith
                                --MotWT Jon Metcalfe
                                --MotWT M.R. James
                                --MotWT Clark Ashton Smith
                                --MotWT Donald Wandrei
                                -- MotWT Robert W. Chambers
                                -- MotWT J. Sheridan Le Fanu
                                -- MotWT E. F. Benson (2 volume set)
                                -- MotWT W. C. Morrow
                                --The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
                                --The Club Dumas by Arturo Perez-Reverte
                                --Lord of Light by Roger Zelazny
                                --Geek Love by Katharine Dunn
                                --At the Mountains of Madness by H.P. Lovecraft
                                --Count Zero by William Gibson
                                --Studies in Horror Films: The Thing
                                --Studies in Horror Films: Phantasm
                                --Studies in Horror Films: The Omen
                                --Studies in Horror Films: Salem's Lot (2nd edition)
                                --Studies in Horror Films: The Shining (2nd editions)
                                --The Senile Pagodas by Rhys Hughes
                                --The Red Tree by Caitlin Kiernan
                                --The Day After Judgement by James Blish
                                --Mines of Behemoth by Michael Shea
                                --The A'rak by Michael Shea
                                --Epistles From Lebnoi by Michael Shea
                                --The Autopsy by Michael Shea (reprint)
                                --Dying Inside by Robert Silverberg
                                --Thorns by Robert Silverberg
                                --Nightwings by Robert Silverberg
                                --Cold Moon Over Babylon by Michael McDowell
                                --Alice in Wonderland (with Dali illustrations) by Lewis Carroll
                                --Alligator by Shelley Katz
                                --We Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
                                --Untitled Guy de Maupassant Collection
                                --Burn Witch Burn by A. Merritt
                                --Feesters in the Lake by Bob Leman
                                --A Warning to the Curious by M.R. James
                                --The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson (budget edition)
                                --The Sound of His Horn by Sarban
                                --Neuromancer by William Gibson
                                --The Spirit of the Place by Elizabeth Walter
                                --The Dragon Waiting by John M. Ford
                                --The Satan Series (4 volumes) by Brian McNaughton
                                --Untitled Frederic Brown horror collection
                                --The Cipher by Kathe Koja
                                --Elizabeth by Ken Greenhall
                                --Childgrave by Ken Greenhall
                                --Babel-17/Empire Star by Samuel Delaney (single volume?)
                                --The Dreamthief's Daughter by Michael Moorcock
                                --Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (Bernie Wrightson illustrations)
                                --Savage Bride by Cornell Woolrich
                                --The Doom Stone by Cornell Woolrich
                                --Death is My Dancing Partner by Cornell Woolrich
                                --Starfish by Peter Watts
                                --Maelstrom by Peter Watts
                                --Behemoth: B-Max by Peter Watts
                                --Terror Nova/Terror Antiqua by Somtow Sucharitkul (2 volume set)
                                --Great Ship Tales Collection by Robert Reed
                                --Mona Lisa Overdrive by William Gibson

Comment

Working...
                                X