Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FULL BLEED Vol 3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    FULL BLEED Vol 3

    Any Lansdale/Hap&Leonard fans might be interested in the next Full Bleed. It's a really cool quarterly. I own the first two as well as backing this one:

    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=user_menu

    #2
    It is a beautiful production. I backed the last Kickstarter, and got the first two volumes, but that one really left a bad taste in my mouth. A lot of people, myself included, never got our books, and had to write repeatedly to find out why. We were told that they "had no record" of our orders....then, they miraculously found the orders, and proceeded to ship them to us as slowly as possible. IDW seems really ill-prepared to deal directly with customers. And the lack of bonus items, stretch goals, etc. as well as having to pay full cover price...annoying. I still haven't gotten the album download from the last campaign. That said, I'll probably back this, because I really have no other way to get the book. In-Stock Trades hasn't carried the first two volumes, and Amazon had them for outrageous prices. I hope IDW has gotten their act a little more together since Volume 2.
    http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
      It is a beautiful production. I backed the last Kickstarter, and got the first two volumes, but that one really left a bad taste in my mouth. A lot of people, myself included, never got our books, and had to write repeatedly to find out why. We were told that they "had no record" of our orders....then, they miraculously found the orders, and proceeded to ship them to us as slowly as possible. IDW seems really ill-prepared to deal directly with customers. And the lack of bonus items, stretch goals, etc. as well as having to pay full cover price...annoying. I still haven't gotten the album download from the last campaign. That said, I'll probably back this, because I really have no other way to get the book. In-Stock Trades hasn't carried the first two volumes, and Amazon had them for outrageous prices. I hope IDW has gotten their act a little more together since Volume 2.
      I had heard of someone else having issue getting the book shipped to them. Hopefully they have worked it out. Can't guarantee they will continue to but Powell's stocked the first two issues and should have them on the website. I will purchase through the Kickstarter as I want to have the first four copies and the slipcase.

      Comment


        #4
        That sucks. I hadn't heard of any problems shipping. I got the first two no problem. I will say that the copies on eBay have sold for very cheap. If you're willing to wait, that might be a way to go.

        I was going to stop at the last one. I really like the books and I think the quality is high, but it's really not my bag. I'm not into the whole package. Just a few things. But the new Hap & Leonard story pulled me. So I thought what the hell. I'll probably stop at this one. Unless the next one has a H&L story I guess.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
          That sucks. I hadn't heard of any problems shipping. I got the first two no problem. I will say that the copies on eBay have sold for very cheap. If you're willing to wait, that might be a way to go.

          I was going to stop at the last one. I really like the books and I think the quality is high, but it's really not my bag. I'm not into the whole package. Just a few things. But the new Hap & Leonard story pulled me. So I thought what the hell. I'll probably stop at this one. Unless the next one has a H&L story I guess.
          I am in a similar position. I have read portions of the first two and have really enjoyed what I have read but have not ventured to far into either. With the slipcase offer I have decided to go for the first four and re-evaluate. I have seen them readily available at two retailers in Portland, one being Powell's and the other a local comic shop.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Martin View Post
            I will purchase through the Kickstarter as I want to have the first four copies and the slipcase.
            Someone say slipcase? Pledged!

            I bought the first two volumes via backerkit I believe (it wasn't from a Kickstarter, and I don't think it was from IDW directly . . .) - still haven't read them, but I have them. Pre-ordering Volumes 3 and 4, plus a slipcase, plus the signed rock print (Kirk Hammet and Scott Ian interview!) made this an easy buy.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
              Someone say slipcase? Pledged!

              I bought the first two volumes via backerkit I believe (it wasn't from a Kickstarter, and I don't think it was from IDW directly . . .) - still haven't read them, but I have them. Pre-ordering Volumes 3 and 4, plus a slipcase, plus the signed rock print (Kirk Hammet and Scott Ian interview!) made this an easy buy.
              I had to change my pledge. I didn't see the 3+4+SLIPCASE+SCOTT IAN AND KIRK HAMMETT HORROR PRINT! pledge level.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                I had to change my pledge. I didn't see the 3+4+SLIPCASE+SCOTT IAN AND KIRK HAMMETT HORROR PRINT! pledge level.
                \m/

                Comment


                  #9
                  I jumped on the next 2 as soon as I got the email. I'm also getting the slip case.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I wondered if Full Bleed Volume 4 would happen with all the delays and the financial troubles at IDW. Got an email update today that volume 4 is at the printer but that it will be the last issue. Not surprised.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      I wondered if Full Bleed Volume 4 would happen with all the delays and the financial troubles at IDW. Got an email update today that volume 4 is at the printer but that it will be the last issue. Not surprised.
                      Dirk Wood- who's baby this is- announced a couple of days ago that he's leaving IDW for Image, and that Vol 4 was indeed going to come out, but, yeah- it'll be the last. I really dug these. It was like getting an old magazine from back in the 90's chocked full of everything you were into.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by swintek View Post

                        Dirk Wood- who's baby this is- announced a couple of days ago that he's leaving IDW for Image, and that Vol 4 was indeed going to come out, but, yeah- it'll be the last. I really dug these. It was like getting an old magazine from back in the 90's chocked full of everything you were into.
                        I had not read that Dirk Wood was moving on. Again, not surprised as IDW is clearly struggling and going through a lot of changes.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I had pretty much given up hoping for Volume 4! But that and the slipcase should be here by December. I thought it was a great series.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                            I had pretty much given up hoping for Volume 4! But that and the slipcase should be here by December. I thought it was a great series.
                            Same here. I was just thinking about it the other day then......poof the next morning the email shows up

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X