Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeremyM
    replied
    Anything 'limited' and popular brings out the scalpers, which I've zero respect for (and it's disappointing to see so much of that going on in general). But, you didn't do that - so I don't think you need to beat yourself up on the ethics of the sale.

One thought though - a transaction with a long duration between purchase and fulfillment does carry some increased risk for the buyer. Presumably they've thought that through and accepted it. All the same, may be worth writing down a note with the details of the transaction, on the off chance you get hit by falling space junk or are otherwise incapacitated and unable to complete the transaction yourself.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post

I know, but it just feels like I'm doing something wrong... :-/

It just feels hypocritical of me because I find the King track thing to be very annoying, and yet I'm using a loophole of sorts to keep my number another month.
    It's a tough call. Personally, I could see being able to lock in a number for say Red Dragon, Silence of the Lambs and if he does the next two. For other titles, it's hard for someone else to get a chance, but again, you aren't doing anything wrong. I just disagree with the policy itself, but it's my my press. LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post

I didn't mean to say you are doing anything wrong. Those are the rules Paul set up.
    I know, but it just feels like I'm doing something wrong... :-/

It just feels hypocritical of me because I find the King track thing to be very annoying, and yet I'm using a loophole of sorts to keep my number another month.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Conundrum: Should Seed go on the shelf next to Brother or in order of Suntup releases? I generally place them in release order but having two by the same author is causing me to question that logic.
    Also, if you do it for this one, will you then have to do it for The Road & Blood Meridian, assuming that you purchase Blood Meridian next month.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Conundrum: Should Seed go on the shelf next to Brother or in order of Suntup releases? I generally place them in release order but having two by the same author is causing me to question that logic.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

Yeah, I'm ashamed and feel really dirty doing this. If it weren't for there being two books in February (not to mention The Exorcist being the MOST expensive Suntup to date), I wouldn't have done it.

And I don't plan on doing it again. I just couldn't wait until I had The Wolfen in hand, financially.

I may need to sell a few other Suntup titles as well, regrettably. But at least those are in hand.
    Do not feel bad that you are doing that. Do what you need to do, if the buyer has issue they should not buy from you. If a third party has an issue it is their issue not yours.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied

Yeah, I'm ashamed and feel really dirty doing this. If it weren't for there being two books in February (not to mention The Exorcist being the MOST expensive Suntup to date), I wouldn't have done it.

And I don't plan on doing it again. I just couldn't wait until I had The Wolfen in hand, financially.

I may need to sell a few other Suntup titles as well, regrettably. But at least those are in hand.
    I didn't mean to say you are doing anything wrong. Those are the rules Paul set up.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Received my copy of Seed today. Very nice production. I did notice a change. The limitation number is printed rather than written in.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I think it's straight up wrong that people can sell the current book and keep the number for future. Fortunate for those who have it, but very unfair to others.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    However you are keeping your number so the future is bright. Correct?

Yes, for now.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    I think it's straight up wrong that people can sell the current book and keep the number for future. Fortunate for those who have it, but very unfair to others.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    However you are keeping your number so the future is bright. Correct?

This one depresses me, as I've already sold my preorder. It's a beautiful book, but I just cannot financially keep it.

And thus my streak comes to an end...

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    This one depresses me, as I've already sold my preorder. It's a beautiful book, but I just cannot financially keep it.

And thus my streak comes to an end...

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Generally never get very excited over wolves. Not sure why because I love an assortment of monsters, crawlies, creepies, creeps, mutants, etc.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Curious, what genre is it you don’t like...horror? werewolf? horror/crime mash-up...?

I snagged a copy. It’s one of those classic books that I read way back in the day, and have a little to no memory of. It’ll be nice to revisit it in such a beautiful presentation

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    It's a great looking book and amazing artwork. Thankfully this genre of book isn't something I even like so this, unlike some other releases, is a fairly easy pass.
    Curious, what genre is it you don’t like...horror? werewolf? horror/crime mash-up...?

I snagged a copy. It’s one of those classic books that I read way back in the day, and have a little to no memory of. It’ll be nice to revisit it in such a beautiful presentation

Leave a comment:

Working...
X