Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I have read 1984 many times and don't understand how you could interpret that from the teaser. Maybe I'm dense, not in the know, or otherwise deficient.

Not trying to be a jerk but I just don't see it.

If it is 1984 I may be interested but, as I stated elsewhere, I wasn't blown away, by my IAL.

I have only read 1984 once and it was probably close to 40 years ago. The video invoked thoughts of mass surveillance and the telescreens of the story. The apparent addition of a gift edition will make me have to decide if I want to go for a limited or just a gift. If it is reasonably priced I will probably for for the limited.
    Last edited by Martin; 06-18-2020, 12:43 AM.

Comment

I just saw some blurry stuff with a couple of white specs towards the center.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I just saw some blurry stuff with a couple of white specs towards the center.
        It was a pixelized eye that blinks a few times with some CRT static.

Comment

Okay. Not really seeing it. Guess my deerstalker cap just isn't working.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

It was a pixelized eye that blinks a few times with some CRT static.
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Okay. Not really seeing it. Guess my deerstalker cap just isn't working.

But did you see the sailboat?

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

8D60CC5F-0510-450D-AAAD-FCD2C4421119.jpeg

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Nailed it.

Comment

Paul's clarification that "if King were to sign a non-King book the rights would follow the non-King series" seemed a little too coy...
                  The speed with which he clarified that--like he needed to get it on the record--gave me a big boost of hope and at the time I thought that was proof positive that we got a King sig. And then those signed copies of If It Bleeds appeared and I thought "Oh well maybe King is getting generous with his signature."

But then those closest to Paul have been stating firmly that it won't be a King signature. So my hopes blinked out. Though no one has squashed a Cormac McCarthy sig/intro and that would be fantastic for me. I don't have a McCarthy signature.

A Hill signature would be fine. Not necessarily adding huge amounts to the value for me. Maybe in the long run (the long, long run) a Hill signature will be rarer and more sought after, but right now it's easy to score a bunch (I've got 5 without really trying! )Of course, I've spent all my life from the age of 14 resenting Joe, Owen, and Naomi, because Stephen King should have been my dad! Maybe I'll write a book--an ode to Misery--where someone kidnaps King and declares "I'm your number one son!" Please don't call the police.

All that said, I haven't been buying Suntup Autograph Books--I've been buying Suntup Editions. So while I do love the signatures and care about who signs, the signatures are secondary to my purchasing decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                    All that said, I haven't been buying Suntup Autograph Books--I've been buying Suntup Editions. So while I do love the signatures and care about who signs, the signatures are secondary to my purchasing decisions.
                    This is very true. Had I been buying the books for the signatures, I Am Legend would have made my wallet very happy.

The signatures are nice, but the editions themselves are what drives me.

Regrettably, it won't be McCarthy's signature, though that would have been great.

I like to think that King's signature would drive up the publication price, so I'd be fine without his signature. Still, it'd be pretty goddamn cool though, haha!

Also, on another note, my copy of I Am Legend is arriving today, a day EARLIER than expected. I am thrilled!

Comment

This is very true. Had I been buying the books for the signatures, I Am Legend would have made my wallet very happy.

The signatures are nice, but the editions themselves are what drives me.

Regrettably, it won't be McCarthy's signature, though that would have been great.

I like to think that King's signature would drive up the publication price, so I'd be fine without his signature. Still, it'd be pretty goddamn cool though, haha!

Also, on another note, my copy of I Am Legend is arriving today, a day EARLIER than expected. I am thrilled!

I gotta ask since you seem certain--how do you know it won't be McCarthy?

Congrats on getting IAL early! That's always a fantastic surprise that never seems to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

I gotta ask since you seem certain--how do you know it won't be McCarthy?

Congrats on getting IAL early! That's always a fantastic surprise that never seems to happen.
                        I feel it in my bones, man! Truthfully, it's just because McCarthy has been stingier than King these past few years.

I'd LOVE to get a McCarthy, but I just don't see it in the cards. Also, I know that's not the reason he didn't sign The Road, but still.

Comment

And Hill it is!

I'm kind of surprised by the spelling. I'd have thought that Paul would have gone with the official Nineteen Eighty-Four spelling, rather than the shortened 1984.

Comment

I am now in serious thought mode. The price on the limited is higher than I had hoped for. Adding the Gift Edition gives me pause on ordering the limited.

Comment

I am now in serious thought mode. The price on the limited is higher than I had hoped for. Adding the Gift Edition gives me pause on ordering the limited.
                              Same here. I may buy both and sell the LE once the rights have moved on to the next book. Hmm.

Comment

Just gonna be the AGE for me. You guys know I love me some Hill, but his signature isn't worth $675 for a book he didn't write and one I don't care for. That see-through case is cool though.

Comment

Working...
                                X