Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Just decided to check and as or 7:45 Pacific the Artist Edition is sold out.
    That's awesome. While this wasn't for me, I will say that the production on that AE looked amazing and if this was a book I loved, I would have snatched it up in a heartbeat. I'm glad that Suntup is finding success with these titles.

Comment

This just shows me that I truly have no idea as to what books will or won't sell out quickly. I thought for sure that the Earthling Halloween & Fracassi books would be near instant sell-outs; however, there's still copies available. I thought this Suntup book would be a slow seller if not an outright dud since it isn't genre & the price is high, and it sells out in a day. Go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
        This just shows me that I truly have no idea as to what books will or won't sell out quickly. I thought for sure that the Earthling Halloween & Fracassi books would be near instant sell-outs; however, there's still copies available. I thought this Suntup book would be a slow seller if not an outright dud since it isn't genre & the price is high, and it sells out in a day. Go figure!
        I'm horrible at choosing what will be hot and what will be not as well. For the Earthling books, the Fracassi title has more than triple the print run of his previous Earthling title, Gothic. And 750 is a large print run for Earthling in general. As far as the Halloween book, those are so hit-and-miss as to what will sellout and they always seem to take a while. For all the heat that Boys in the Valley has now, if I remember correctly, it wasn't an instant sellout. So neither being sold out at this point doesn't surprise me too much. (I'm actually glad that there is still some of the Halloween title left because I've yet to place my order.) As for Mockingbird, I stop even hazarding a guess as to what will sell for Suntup and what won't. They clearly have an audience that reaches further than just the horror genre and I have no experience in that area of book collecting.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

For all the heat that Boys in the Valley has now, if I remember correctly, it wasn't an instant sellout.
          You definitely remember correctly. jeffingoff touted that thing for some time (how long, I can't recall) before it finally sold out. It was Sadie Hartman's (Mother Horror) recommendation that caught the attention of Stephen King, who then tweeted that he had to read it (at which time it had sold out)...and that got the hot ball rolling.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Go get your Swan Song if that's your thing.

https://suntup.press/

I like the artwork much more for this edition than I did Boy's Life. Given the page count the price isn't bad but I will just have to live without this one. I'm still hoping for a Dark Harvest copy some day.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Similar to their announcement of BOY'S LIFE, I have the oversized slipcased Subterranean edition of SWAN SONG, which I like quite a bit. While SWAN SONG is a favorite, I just can't justify the price tags for an "bonus" copy to put on the shelf. The limited edition is very nice looking, though, and if I was in the market, that would be the edition I would want.

Comment

Similar to their announcement of BOY'S LIFE, I have the oversized slipcased Subterranean edition of SWAN SONG, which I like quite a bit. While SWAN SONG is a favorite, I just can't justify the price tags for an "bonus" copy to put on the shelf. The limited edition is very nice looking, though, and if I was in the market, that would be the edition I would want.
                My sentiments exactly! I'm staying strong and sticking with my SubPress copy.

Comment

Similar to their announcement of BOY'S LIFE, I have the oversized slipcased Subterranean edition of SWAN SONG, which I like quite a bit. While SWAN SONG is a favorite, I just can't justify the price tags for an "bonus" copy to put on the shelf. The limited edition is very nice looking, though
                  Could not say it better myself.
                  Last edited by RonClinton; 08-17-2024, 02:44 PM.

Comment

I think SubPress had much better artwork on both Swan Song and Boy's life.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                      I think SubPress had much better artwork on both Swan Song and Boy's life.
                      I agree. There’s a certain levity to much of the Suntup art in both books — especially SWAN SONG — that doesn’t quite click with me. I’d rank the SWAN SONG editions:
                      Subterranean,
                      Dark Harvest,
                      Suntup.

Comment

I agree, considering I paid almost $20 for a mass market pb copy over the summer, I would've absolutely jumped on this release if I cared for the artwork. 

Comment

I'm more excited about Boy's Life than Swan Song, but I did pick up the numbered edition. Partly to keep rights for American Gods, but I'm still excited. I don't mind the artwork, but I do prefer David Ho's artwork from the Sub Press edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                            I'm more excited about Boy's Life than Swan Song, but I did pick up the numbered edition. Partly to keep rights for American Gods, but I'm still excited. I don't mind the artwork, but I do prefer David Ho's artwork from the Sub Press edition.
                            I'm going to be the odd one out here and vote for Binkley over Ho for Swan Song. I think Ho did a spectacular job for the SubPress edition. I have it on my shelf and wouldn't trade it for anything. But the Binkley art has a little more magic to it. A dark tweak on reality and the choice to make the dust jacket an image of hope and rebirth is a very interesting one to me. The darkness and destruction is the struggle but not the point. But visual art is even more subjective than the written word and I wouldn't strongly argue my point against those who prefer Ho because you're not wrong.

That said, I'll be thrilled to have both the Suntup and SubPress editions.

Comment

Binkley's art is a lot better than I expected, having previously just seen what's on his website. I hated Ho's work on The Border and Swan Song, so I was really happy to see that he wasn't used for the Suntup. Then again, his work doesn't seem like a match for Suntup for any book.

Comment

Working...
                              X