Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Guesses on the announcements in today's newsletter?

July: No idea, but McCarthy's THE ROAD would be awesome, but the description of it being a "non-genre" book wouldn't quite fit, in my opinion. Regardless of how "literary" the book is, it is a post-apocalyptic horror novel. LONESOME DOVE would be awesome as well, but the editions are signed by the author and McMurtry passed away in 2021.
    I'd guess 'To Kill a Mockingbird' for July. Suntup has previously published an edition of 'The Road' - I'd be surprise to see that revisited.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyM View Post

I'd guess 'To Kill a Mockingbird' for July. Suntup has previously published an edition of 'The Road' - I'd be surprise to see that revisited.
      You're right, huh? Man, I'm off my game today, guys! Sorry!

Comment

No idea on July but I'm sure the other two are correct. August is 100% McCammon as he basically confirmed it.

I don't own a nice copy of Swan Song but I will likely pass on it. Still hoping to own a Dark Harvest copy of this one day.

Never liked Gaiman so that will be a pass as well.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        Guesses on the announcements in today's newsletter?

July: No idea, but McCarthy's THE ROAD would be awesome, but the description of it being a "non-genre" book wouldn't quite fit, in my opinion. Regardless of how "literary" the book is, it is a post-apocalyptic horror novel. LONESOME DOVE would be awesome as well, but the editions are signed by the author and McMurtry passed away in 2021.

August: Seems like SWAN SONG to me. It's a favorite, but just like with A BOY'S LIFE, I have the Sub Press edition, which is more than handsome, so it would take a lot to make me buy a new edition.

September: AMERICAN GODS
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Swan Song would be a pass for me. It's the one McCammon book that's never really clicked with me.

Comment

Have you pin pointed what doesn't work for you? It was my first McCammon read and I loved it.

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
            Swan Song would be a pass for me. It's the one McCammon book that's never really clicked with me.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I figured it would be Swan Song based on the clues, and American Gods was a given as well. If the other book is Lonesome Dove, that'll be one I'll pickup for the wife.

I have SubPress's Swan Song so I can't see myself double dipping there, and as much as I love Gaiman, I can't ever get into American Gods. I love the premise - I loved hearing him describe it on tours before its released, and it sounded great, but just never clicked. I won't even tell you how many versions I own either (the more I buy, does the book get better?) Figure I can always pick up a copy on the secondary market since Suntup's books don't seem to appreciate that much.

Comment

Working...
              X