Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

No, I'll be interviewing the author of the introduction a little after the sale goes live.
    I was thinking Joe Hill would be perfect for the introduction since he professes his love for the movie so much. Since he did 1984 I am assuming it will not be him. So my second guess will be the director of the movie. Say hi to Mr. Spielberg for me.
    Last edited by Martin; 07-22-2021, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

No, I'll be interviewing the author of the introduction a little after the sale goes live.
      Oh cool. I'll be there.

Comment

Jaws. $155 price point.
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
          Jaws. $155 price point.
          With a 7 x 10 trim this one is smaller than Misery but smaller then all other Suntup books. I wonder why the change in size and if it will carry forward?

Comment

Copies moving very briskly; after an hour and change only 150 copies left. Got mine locked in, we might need a bigger boat!

Comment

Originally posted by joejets View Post
              Copies moving very briskly; after an hour and change only 150 copies left. Got mine locked in, we might need a bigger boat!
              I ordered my books right away. Thought that I may go back for the paperweight but the quick sellout saved me some money.

Comment

I think I'm passing on Jaws. I'm not a huge fan, honestly, so I'd be getting it more for it's place a cultural milestone. Plus I'm definitely getting Blackwater when that's announced, and my budget can only absorb so many $150+ purchases.

Comment

Picked-up an AGE copy. Would have loved to have gotten the paperweight as well, but, since it was pretty much the same price as the AGE itself, I couldn't justify both and ended up passing on it.

Comment

How much was the paperweight?

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                      How much was the paperweight?
                      I think it was $150.

Comment

Yikes, but it looks REALLY cool!!! Lol!

Comment

Suntup is really trying hard to bankrupt me!

I bought it all... Numbered, AE, print, and paperweight. And the worst part is that I don't even like the novel that much. But I love the film, so the print is more in line with that. And I wanted to have the matching paperweight as a possibility, regardless of whether I keep or sell the numbered.

That numbered edition is absolutely beautiful! One of the best designs yet for the press, which makes it that much harder for me to sell the title.

​​​​

Comment

Congrats to all! I passed on this one as I'm not really a fan of the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                              Congrats to all! I passed on this one as I'm not really a fan of the movie.
                              To quote John Mcenroe: "You cannot be serious!".

Comment

Sorry. I am serious. I've watched the movie countless times because my wife is a fan. However it doesn't grab me at all. There is one scene I really like where Quint (sp?) flashes back to his war days but beyond that...

There is one movie which actually puts me to sleep and that is Avatar. Feel asleep three times, on three separate occasions, trying to watch that one. I never sleep during movies but that one is like a tranquilizer to me.

Originally posted by swintek View Post

To quote John Mcenroe: "You cannot be serious!".

Comment

Working...
                                X