Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I think it's straight up wrong that people can sell the current book and keep the number for future. Fortunate for those who have it, but very unfair to others.
    Yeah, I'm ashamed and feel really dirty doing this. If it weren't for there being two books in February (not to mention The Exorcist being the MOST expensive Suntup to date), I wouldn't have done it.

And I don't plan on doing it again. I just couldn't wait until I had The Wolfen in hand, financially.

I may need to sell a few other Suntup titles as well, regrettably. But at least those are in hand.

Comment

Received my copy of Seed today. Very nice production. I did notice a change. The limitation number is printed rather than written in.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

Yeah, I'm ashamed and feel really dirty doing this. If it weren't for there being two books in February (not to mention The Exorcist being the MOST expensive Suntup to date), I wouldn't have done it.

And I don't plan on doing it again. I just couldn't wait until I had The Wolfen in hand, financially.

I may need to sell a few other Suntup titles as well, regrettably. But at least those are in hand.
        I didn't mean to say you are doing anything wrong. Those are the rules Paul set up.

Comment

Do not feel bad that you are doing that. Do what you need to do, if the buyer has issue they should not buy from you. If a third party has an issue it is their issue not yours.

Comment

Conundrum: Should Seed go on the shelf next to Brother or in order of Suntup releases? I generally place them in release order but having two by the same author is causing me to question that logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              Conundrum: Should Seed go on the shelf next to Brother or in order of Suntup releases? I generally place them in release order but having two by the same author is causing me to question that logic.
              Also, if you do it for this one, will you then have to do it for The Road & Blood Meridian, assuming that you purchase Blood Meridian next month.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post

I didn't mean to say you are doing anything wrong. Those are the rules Paul set up.
                I know, but it just feels like I'm doing something wrong... :-/

It just feels hypocritical of me because I find the King track thing to be very annoying, and yet I'm using a loophole of sorts to keep my number another month.

Comment

I know, but it just feels like I'm doing something wrong... :-/

It just feels hypocritical of me because I find the King track thing to be very annoying, and yet I'm using a loophole of sorts to keep my number another month.
                  It's a tough call. Personally, I could see being able to lock in a number for say Red Dragon, Silence of the Lambs and if he does the next two. For other titles, it's hard for someone else to get a chance, but again, you aren't doing anything wrong. I just disagree with the policy itself, but it's my my press. LOL!

Comment

Anything 'limited' and popular brings out the scalpers, which I've zero respect for (and it's disappointing to see so much of that going on in general). But, you didn't do that - so I don't think you need to beat yourself up on the ethics of the sale.

One thought though - a transaction with a long duration between purchase and fulfillment does carry some increased risk for the buyer. Presumably they've thought that through and accepted it. All the same, may be worth writing down a note with the details of the transaction, on the off chance you get hit by falling space junk or are otherwise incapacitated and unable to complete the transaction yourself.

Comment

If you are needing the cash it seems like a very long list- at least for now- of people who would pay good money for future rights. Good luck to you.

Yes, for now.
                      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Also, if you do it for this one, will you then have to do it for The Road & Blood Meridian, assuming that you purchase Blood Meridian next month.
                        I did not buy The Road so that will not be an issue. The Red Dragon/Silence duo has me strongly considering placement by author though. If I go that route they will probably be in alphabetical order. I am also considering separating the Artist and Limited editions. I currently have them side by side. I am weird about this kind of thing. I know I am good company here though!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I did not buy The Road so that will not be an issue. The Red Dragon/Silence duo has me strongly considering placement by author though. If I go that route they will probably be in alphabetical order. I am also considering separating the Artist and Limited editions. I currently have them side by side. I am weird about this kind of thing. I know I am good company here though!
                          Were it me and you want to keep all your Suntup books together, I'd suggest doing it alphabetically by the author's last name, not date of release, regardless of Artist or Limited edition. It'd bug me to no end to have RED DRAGON and SotL (and Ahlborn's two, and McCarthy's two, et al) separate.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Were it me and you want to keep all your Suntup books together, I'd suggest doing it alphabetically by the author's last name, not date of release, regardless of Artist or Limited edition. It'd bug me to no end to have RED DRAGON and SotL (and Ahlborn's two, and McCarthy's two, et al) separate.
                            I am keeping all except King and Hill books together. They are in author specific bookcases. I had not really thought about anything other than a release date sort until I received Seed and realized I had two from the same author. As I was attempting to restore order in my mind the pending arrival of a second Thomas Harris novel coming and that it was a follow up to the first. Well that just caused a short circuit in my mind. That said, I think my only real option, that will not drive me over the edge at least, is to re-order alphabetical by author. With that I believe I will also split Artist and Limited into separate groupings. My brain appears to be accepting of this solution, for now at least. When I actually make the move my brain may short circuit again.

Comment

Not Suntup specific, but all of my books are alphabetical by Author, and then by release date. Although, I I have been known to put all the various King and Lansdale and Hill editions together by release date of the original novel, but then again I end up moving them back to actual release date. What this means is I have a mess and need more shelves and The Magic Wagon appears practically everywhere since my god how many different editions of that are there??

Comment

Finally got my copy of seed today after a long time in transit. Strange that the number is not hand written . Anybody know if that is going to be that way on future titles or is this a one off?

Comment

Working...
                                X