X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One hour and 13 minutes...impressive.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Hope everyone that wanted one was able to buy for retail.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I could be wrong as I do not have them all but I believe it is only the second non-King limited with a traycase rather than a slipcase. Still clearly a premium price for a limited.
        Yes, this is the second traycase after Bibliomysteries. What's crazy is that Bibliomysteries is among the cheapest Suntup numbered editions.

​​​​​It's even more impressive when you think of the blank books, false bottoms of the traycases, and sheer amount of authors who would've gotten paid for that edition.

Comment

I was on the fence with this one, but when I saw how fast they were selling, I decided to buy an AE. If demand is that high, it should be easy enough to pass it along if I decide not to keep it.

Comment

I thought about that as well but I'm truly not a good seller. I'm more of a keeper.

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
            I was on the fence with this one, but when I saw how fast they were selling, I decided to buy an AE. If demand is that high, it should be easy enough to pass it along if I decide not to keep it.

Comment

I guess Paul was correct yesterday when he said he expected the AE to sell quickly. Hopefully there are still quantities allocated to other sellers who have supported him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                I thought about doing that for a moment and then I realized my thoughts were due to fear of missing out than an actual desire for the book itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I thought about doing that for a moment and then I realized my thoughts were due to fear of missing out than an actual desire for the book itself.
                  Wait a minute! There's a difference?!?!!?!?

Comment

Man those are some stunning books. I only have a very old trade paperback, so this works out nice for me (kinda) Definitely excited for this one even without Blatty signature. Hopefully March's book stays somewhat reasonable.

Comment

Lol! I only have an old paperback edition of this one, and I'm pretty sure I bought it used. I don't even know where it is right now. I think I'll be keeping the Suntup copy. They do produce a quality book.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Since the new announcement is THE EXORCIST, and based on predictions for future announcements I’ve read here and at TDT.org my guess doesn’t necessarily fit, the book I mentioned earlier is Ken Grimwood’s REPLAY. Paul contacted me a while back to view a letter I have from Grimwood that discusses a work he had in progress, one that contrasted against reports he died while working on a sequel to REPLAY suggest they are one and the same. Add to that, it’s an immensely popular book and has only had one deluxe treatment – by Easton Press – it seemed a potential choice for Suntup. Apparently, though, not yet...we’ll have to see if it ever will be.

As far as the new offering, it’s undeniably attractive, but I will be skipping it in favor of the Cemetery Dance and Lonely Roads editions that I already own, both signed by Blatty.
                        Oh yeah, REPLAY is great- and would make a good Suntup candidate. Very interesting!

I passed on THE EXORCIST today as well, as I also have the very nice CD edition, and also the great Folio edition. But, I am absolutely shaking my head that 1000 copies disappeared at $150 ea. And, that the $850! limited will as well. That's... incredible to me. On the one hand, I'm very happy for Paul and the well-deserved success of his fine press. On the other hand- do book collector's actually want an $850 unsigned edition of this book at this point? Obviously, it looks like, but, still.. shaking my head.

Comment

I passed. I have the Cemetery Dance and LRB Edition and that’s enough. The price of Silence of the Lambs put me off the Suntup train.

Comment

Also, I feel for the pocketbooks for all those on the numbered and lettered train. $850 for the numbered and $3,250 for the lettered. Jiminy Christmas.
                            The timing is unfortunate as well - with another book coming in three weeks, and another (pricey) book three weeks after that. I opted in here, but more for the expected March release than any particular desire to pay that much for 'The Exorcist'. I was happy to see letterpress printing make a return after being absent for the last several releases. I'm hoping the Q2 schedule doesn't have more than three titles on it, and that I'm interested in at least a couple of them.

Comment

I can't wait for March. If it's what is being speculated on I will be very excited to see this one. It will be way out of my reach but I can still be excited for it...Right?

Originally posted by JeremyM View Post

The timing is unfortunate as well - with another book coming in three weeks, and another (pricey) book three weeks after that. I opted in here, but more for the expected March release than any particular desire to pay that much for 'The Exorcist'. I was happy to see letterpress printing make a return after being absent for the last several releases. I'm hoping the Q2 schedule doesn't have more than three titles on it, and that I'm interested in at least a couple of them.

Comment

Well for the first time ever the numbered edition has completely sold out during the matching presale. There’s only the Roman numerals and one lettered available in the lottery and that lettered edition could sell in the next ten minutes for all I know.

It’s shocking even to me. I assumed there would always be at least a few who pass on each edition. There were 76 people who passed on Red Dragon. And at this price point I thought at least 10 would walk away.

i know this edition looks stunning (but they all do to me) and I think people are thrilled with who’s signing.

big congrats to Paul!! Onward.

Comment

Working...
                                X