Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    The Auctioneer is now visible on my informed delivery!
    If this is your first time reading it, Martin, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did…I think it’s just an incredible work of dark fiction.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

If this is your first time reading it, Martin, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did…I think it’s just an incredible work of dark fiction.
      I agree 100% with that.

Comment

This will be my first reading. It sounds very interesting, I am looking forward to it.

Comment

I'm currently listening to it and it really dragged for me in the beginning. It's gotten much, much better though.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

I'm currently listening to it and it really dragged for me in the beginning. It's gotten much, much better though.
            It's certainly written -- at least the setup portion -- in the more leisurely voice of the '70s genre fiction, where, for the most part, they took their time to establish mood and tone. In this particular instance and perhaps as you're now finding, it ultimately works to the benefit of Samson's book.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

It's certainly written -- at least the setup portion -- in the more leisurely voice of the '70s genre fiction, where, for the most part, they took their time to establish mood and tone. In this particular instance and perhaps as you're now finding, it ultimately works to the benefit of Samson's book.
              Indeed it does. As I'm in the home stretch now.

Comment

Indeed it does. As I'm in the home stretch now.
                My copy arrives Monday. It currently is a ways back on my TBR. Not sure if I will jump it up in the que.

Comment

Does anyone know the title that was announced today? Was it the poetry book, The World Doesn’t End by Charles Simic?

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                    Does anyone know the title that was announced today? Was it the poetry book, The World Doesn’t End by Charles Simic?
                    No, TWDE was released in October. The next release will be announced in 18 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

No, TWDE was released in October. The next release will be announced in 18 minutes.
                      And Seed it is.

Comment

And Seed it is.
                        I am debating on ordering this one. I read Seed and liked it but am not sure I need to own a limited. If it was the same price as Brother, or as good a story, I would buy it to have the set. If it was as high as recent limited editions I would pass. So of course it lands right in the middle and I must ponder my decision. I will say the mock ups look nice. https://suntup.press/seed

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Thanks! Forgot about the time zone change. Live in Arizona where we don't move our clocks. The book announced, Seed, sounds cool, but, at that price-point, I will have to pass. Wish this one had a gift edition as I would probably spring for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I am debating on ordering this one. I read Seed and liked it but am not sure I need to own a limited. If it was the same price as Brother, or as good a story, I would buy it to have the set. If it was as high as recent limited editions I would pass. So of course it lands right in the middle and I must ponder my decision. I will say the mock ups look nice. https://suntup.press/seed
                            I'll order to keep my number but will either trade it or try to recoup some of the cost.

Comment

I’m passing. Probably on anything else Suntup puts out. The Books are quite high quality but I really don’t think I need to keep spending this kind of money. So as of now I am jumping off the Suntup train

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                                I’m passing. Probably on anything else Suntup puts out. The Books are quite high quality but I really don’t think I need to keep spending this kind of money. So as of now I am jumping off the Suntup train
                                I can't afford to stay on much longer myself, which really bums me out. I wish I had the finances to stay on forever.

I'm getting Seed, however. That artwork is probably my favorite artwork for a Suntup Edition.

And I'm really excited for the Heinlein set in December, if I can afford it. I'm really nervous that the set will be $1000 or more, which I just cannot swing.

Comment

Working...
                                X