Lord Foul's Bane--Grim Oak Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lord Foul's Bane--Grim Oak Press

I know that there are some fantasy fans on this board so I wanted to post this in case anybody has not heard that Grim Oak Press is doing the first Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever trilogy. Lord Foul's Bane is currently up for preorder through their site. I am thinking that I will be pulling the trigger on a limited.

https://grimoakpress.com/blogs/news/...en-r-donaldson

My favorite fantasy series - ever. Glad I got myself a lettered. They were gone within a couple of hours.

sk

Comment

SRD is amazing. I had no choice but to get a limited of this novel.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
        My favorite fantasy series - ever. Glad I got myself a lettered. They were gone within a couple of hours.

sk
        Congratulations! I’m very jealous as this would be a lettered buy for me. Unfortunately I missed out, but I will be happy with a limited.

Comment

I really enjoyed this series. That said it's really really depressing...
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I never buy or read fantasy. Goddamn you guys! I just spent $140!!!!

Comment

Never bought from Grim Oak, either. Anyone know when this book is scheduled to be published? How does Grim Oak operate?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                Never bought from Grim Oak, either. Anyone know when this book is scheduled to be published? How does Grim Oak operate?
                Subterranean press also announces their books from time to time, so i presume they are not bad. Right now 3 books are being shown by Subterranean from grim oak press for pre-order. I can't find anywhere the due date, but i guess most likely 2019 (?) lol. Most of their project statuses are showing as Spring 2019, Winter 2018 like that. So I am thinking Spring 2019 for this going by their status page. https://grimoakpress.com/pages/project-status

It's just my personal thought but I wouldn't touch this book. It's loathsome so even in limited edition, it would just become limited edition loathsome.
                Last edited by WebInterceptor; 09-17-2018, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WebInterceptor View Post
                  Subterranean press also announces their books from time to time, so i presume they are not bad. Right now 3 books are being shown by Subterranean from grim oak press for pre-order. I can't find anywhere the due date, but i guess most likely 2019 (?) lol. Most of their project statuses are showing as Spring 2019, Winter 2018 like that. So I am thinking Spring 2019 for this going by their status page. https://grimoakpress.com/pages/project-status

It's just my personal thought but I wouldn't touch this book. It's loathsome so even in limited edition, it would just become limited edition loathsome.
                  Damn. I guess I have a $140 lesson coming to me at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                    SRD is amazing. I had no choice but to get a limited of this novel.
                    I bought this book entirely on your recommendation. Entirely.

Comment

Oh man! The pressure!!!!!!!! AaaaARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Comment

I don’t read or collect fantasy, so this was an easy pass for me, regardless of how many good things I’ve heard about the series over the years.
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                          Oh man! The pressure!!!!!!!! AaaaARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!
                          YEAH

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                            I don’t read or collect fantasy, so this was an easy pass for me, regardless of how many good things I’ve heard about the series over the years.
                            I don't either. Which is why this makes ZERO sense.

Comment

It was just my opinion lol. He thinks it's good and who knows you might shower glowering review about it too. Here's some of the bountiful of ratings for you if you wanna read it: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...om_search=true
                              Initially I thought i was the only one who was stupid to dislike it, but going by these reviews i think i was speaking generously. Some people have wanted to rate it at less than 1. But anyways read it for yourself and see if you like it. It was written in 1977 apparently and I think there were few authors who were trying to get the success of the lord of the rings. Hence came books like these and also The Sword of Shannara or as described by some lovingly as "THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE SWORD" lmao. I passed on that one also from Grim Oak press.
                              Last edited by WebInterceptor; 09-18-2018, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X