No announcement yet.

Little Book Series 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, Gorman was one of the best. He could write quality stories in any genre he choose to work in.

Just ordered his collection Different Kinds of Dead last night, along with Craig Davidson's first collection, Rust & Bone.

B

Comment

Boy, they’re doubling-down on the Campbell book title. Even the newsletter today detailing the slipcase preorder states the title is GRINS & GRIMACES. Either they’re hoping no one notices...or, even worse, the title is right on the slipcase but wrong on the book?!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

One of my best buys ever, was the boxed Gorman set that PS Publishing put out. I bought it from Camelot Books years ago during one of their Xmas sales. Such an interesting writer.
        Do you ever know what happened with that series? I know that two books were published and it seemed as if a third was on its way, but never materialized.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Do you ever know what happened with that series? I know that two books were published and it seemed as if a third was on its way, but never materialized.
          I recall Crowther saying he was regretfully canceling the series early because it did not sell as well as he’d hoped. Really unfortunate, as a Collected Short Stories of Ed Gorman project is really something that should exist...few did dark short fiction better.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Updated list:
            LITTLE BOOKS SERIES 3

Published:
            William F Nolan
            Mort Castle
            Tim Waggoner
            Josh Malerman
            Thomas Ligotti
            Gahan Wilson
            Caitlin Kiernan
            Charles Grant
            Ramsey Campbell
            Robert McCammon
            Sarah Pinborough

Soon to arrive:
            Blake Crouch

Promised:
            Richard Chizmar
            Heather Graham
            Owen King

Named but not confirmed:
            Bentley Little
            Stephen King

Comment

As much as I don't want to see unnecessary typos, this is probably the best chance to seeing Blake's name misprinted as "Blake Crotch" somewhere in a publication...

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                As much as I don't want to see unnecessary typos, this is probably the best chance to seeing Blake's name misprinted as "Blake Crotch" somewhere in a publication...
                Let's open up the betting. Here are some possibilities:

Blake Crotch
                Blake Conch
                Blake Cooch
                Bake Crouch
                Bake Crunch
                Bake Crush
                Baked Crust
                Blake Cringe
                Bake Couch
                Bike Creek
                Bike Trail
                Big Couch

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I recall Crowther saying he was regretfully canceling the series early because it did not sell as well as he’d hoped. Really unfortunate, as a Collected Short Stories of Ed Gorman project is really something that should exist...few did dark short fiction better.
                  This is something that I’d like to see Centipede take on. A “Complete Short Fiction Of” series akin to the Lafferty books they are doing.

Comment

Actually, I would Love to see CD do this given their great relationship with Gorman, plus they have already done some. Autumn Dead & Cry of Shadows had an interesting intro by Gorman.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                      Actually, I would Love to see CD do this given their great relationship with Gorman, plus they have already done some. Autumn Dead & Cry of Shadows had an interesting intro by Gorman.
                      I could get behind CD as well. I was just thinking about Centipede because they tend to do a lot of career retrospective books. CD tends to focus on new fiction and with some older titles thrown into the mix. I'd buy it from almost anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                        A truly LOL moment if there ever was one.

Comment

I also noticed they have a 1st class shipping option now.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                            I also noticed they have a 1st class shipping option now.
                            I noticed that too, and it's cheaper than their Media Mail option for some reason. (At least t was for me.)

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post

I noticed that too, and it's cheaper than their Media Mail option for some reason. (At least t was for me.)
                              Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post

In theory it should be. Media Mail's minimum weight is 1lb. While First Class can be weight to the ounce. US Domestic First Class packages have to weigh 12 ounces or less. Usually that ends up being pretty cheap.
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X