No announcement yet.

Little Book Series 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed. My money is on a King book, but one signed by the editor and not the author.

Comment

I just received my copies of the two newest LITTLE BOOKS, and perhaps we already addressed this earlier, but the limitation of the Campbell is back to the 350-limitation and the McCammon has a 750-limitation...I remembered the McCammon was going to be larger, but I was surprised to see the Campbell still at 350 as I thought I recalled that they'd jacked up the limitation to 500...kinda figured, I guess, that they would have done away with the 350 base + 150 extra and just gone 500 for the Campbell (and forthcoming volumes)...then perhaps go 500 base + 250 extra for the McCammon. Now there are all sorts of different official and unofficial limitations...would've been nice to see it standardized somehow.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        I just received my copies of the two newest LITTLE BOOKS, and perhaps we already addressed this earlier, but the limitation of the Campbell is back to the 350-limitation and the McCammon has a 750-limitation...I remembered the McCammon was going to be larger, but I was surprised to see the Campbell still at 350 as I thought I recalled that they'd jacked up the limitation to 500...kinda figured, I guess, that they would have done away with the 350 base + 150 extra and just gone 500 for the Campbell (and forthcoming volumes)...then perhaps go 500 base + 250 extra for the McCammon. Now there are all sorts of different official and unofficial limitations...would've been nice to see it standardized somehow.
        Do not have my Campbell book yet but unfortunately I am not surprised. I really like this series but it feels like Borderlands is trying to make me not want to collect them.

Comment

The Campbell volume was increased to 500 after the initial 350 signature sheets were signed. :-)

Comment

Yeah as MG stated, Campbell must have signed 350 sheets at the very outset of series 3. Then Tom bumped the run back up to 500 so two limitation pages were created for that volume. The original 350 and the somewhat rarer 500.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if Tom initially set the run at 350 when he was hoping to get a King book. Maybe King agreed to only sign that amount or Tom was hoping the lower run would help him get a commitment and then when the deal with King didn't solidy, Tom just boosted the run.

Comment

I remember this conversation now and realize I do have the Campbell book. Have not read it yet though. Mine has the 350 page limitation variant.

Comment

That Campbell was a chore to read. I kept going out of spite. (Spiting myself for spending thirty bucks on a childhood trunk novel fragment, I guess...but spite nonetheless!)
                http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                  That Campbell was a chore to read. I kept going out of spite. (Spiting myself for spending thirty bucks on a childhood trunk novel fragment, I guess...but spite nonetheless!)
                  I knew I had seen some negative views but could not remember from where. I will get to that and the McCammon little books soon

Comment

I read the McCammon today, and was slightly underwhelmed, probably because I set the bar so high for him. The first story was a good ghost story, the 2nd was weird, but well-written, and I skipped the third, since I read the story digitally a few months ago on McCammon's website. The usual Borderlands typos and editing and layout errors were in full effect.

Comment

I read the McCammon today, and was slightly underwhelmed, probably because I set the bar so high for him. The first story was a good ghost story, the 2nd was weird, but well-written, and I skipped the third, since I read the story digitally a few months ago on McCammon's website. The usual Borderlands typos and editing and layout errors were in full effect.
                      Typos and layout errors are the Borderlands signature.

Comment

The usual Borderlands typos and editing and layout errors were in full effect.
                        Great. If the limitation issues and the switch to the bland cloth covers weren’t enough, this chronic typo/layout issue may cause this third set to be my last (and I’ve collected all three sets, from the very beginning). We’ll see, but it sure is getting tiresome.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Great. If the limitation issues and the switch to the bland cloth covers weren’t enough, this chronic typo/layout issue may cause this third set to be my last (and I’ve collected all three sets, from the very beginning). We’ll see, but it sure is getting tiresome.
                          I haven't gone through it with a fine-toothed comb, but I'm only aware of four minor layout issues in the McCammon book. As one of the people who helped with the book, I'm embarrassed that I missed any. But I don't think the book is rife with errors. Others may have been, but this one is not.

I personally think the cloth cover looks a lot nice than the vinyl covers of previous books, which just looked like cheap vinyl to me.

Comment

I had to make myself stop counting at eight, and remind myself that I'm not getting paid to proof this book, so stop stressing and just try to enjoy it.

I prefer these cloth covers, but I can see how a switch in materials in an ongoing book series would set off collector's OD in some people. The changes in limitations bothered me more that the cover material. I do still enjoy the LITTLE BOOK series, I just wish Borderlands took a more care in the presentation of their products.

Comment

I’m bummed to hear there continue to be issues with the series. I know that sometimes stuff happens, but this seems to be a recurrent issue.

Comment

Originally posted by goathunter View Post

I haven't gone through it with a fine-toothed comb, but I'm only aware of four minor layout issues in the McCammon book. As one of the people who helped with the book, I'm embarrassed that I missed any. But I don't think the book is rife with errors. Others may have been, but this one is not.

I personally think the cloth cover looks a lot nice than the vinyl covers of previous books, which just looked like cheap vinyl to me.
                                I have not read the Campbell or McCammon books so I am not able to speak to those. I will say that this is the first time I have collected a full series and the level of errors within the books has been disheartening. I actually prefer the fabric over the vinyl on the covers but am not happy to have the switch be made mid series. The limitation issues are actually the most disturbing to me. I have a series with different limitation numbers which I do not like. I have a book that states it has a limitation of 350 and have seen photos of other copies of the book with a stated limitation of 500. Things happen I get it but that should not have been done. I like these books and am committed to finishing this series. I will think long and hard about if I want to do that again.

Comment

Working...
                                X