Little Book Series 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I'm guessing that since there are three volumes, maybe the series title "The" "Compendium" "Of F" will be broken up across the three spines. Maybe??
    This was my thought also.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
      I'm guessing that since there are three volumes, maybe the series title "The" "Compendium" "Of F" will be broken up across the three spines. Maybe??
      But that opens up the discussion of should the consumer really have to make that leap to figure out the design?

If that is the design choice it would make more sense if this was issued as a three-book set instead being sold as individual volumes. I much rather just have the spines read “The Compendium of F” Volume I, Volume II, etc.

Still just bummed because I love the idea of this sets and if it was done by CD or Centipede or whomever, I’d be so excited. But with Borderlands, I’m so hesitant of being burned by bad formatting and proofreading.

Comment

Really is a shame with borderlands doing f. Paul wilson. He is one of my favorite authors that I collect and I would really like to see a better quality edition than what they put out. But that being said I'm still ordering them just wont pay after market price. I know cemetery dance has done a book or two of his can we get more.

Comment

My mistake I don't think it was CD

Comment

Originally posted by Parviz View Post
            My mistake I don't think it was CD
            Cemetery Dance released 5 Sims books, Midnight Mass and The Christmas Thingy from Mr. Wilson. F. Paul Wilson: Cemetery Dance Publications

Comment

...and TOR published his short-story collections in trade HCs...no one, until now, has published his short fiction in deluxe editions.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Cemetery Dance released 5 Sims books, Midnight Mass and The Christmas Thingy from Mr. Wilson. F. Paul Wilson: Cemetery Dance Publications
                Did CD do a Midnight Mass edition? Checking.. oh yeah! Dang, I had forgotten that one. I know I have it. I think that one is one of my "Box" books (in a storage box for lack of shelf space), It was a really nice edition, too. Need to dig that one out and reread. I remember liking the original Axolotl Press novella quite a bit, and I seem to remember reading the fleshed out novel- though, I think in the Tor Trade HC. A good one! Yeah, I hate to say the BP editions just aren't looking too enticing these days. Shame. They need to step up their game over there. Them and Barry at Guantlet. All nice folks- relying on old reputations, unfortunately. Limited editions have just gotten better- and they seem to have not noticed. Or cared.

Comment

Oh yeah I forgot midnight mass.

Comment

Did Borderlands ever produce a display case for the last five books of Series 3? If so, I have not seen nor heard anything about them. They were always very timely about getting these slipcases out previously. It has been over 6 months since the last volume of Series 3 shipped. I hope I didn't somehow miss the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                      Did Borderlands ever produce a display case for the last five books of Series 3? If so, I have not seen nor heard anything about them. They were always very timely about getting these slipcases out previously. It has been over 6 months since the last volume of Series 3 shipped. I hope I didn't somehow miss the boat.
                      Their website lists it as 'coming soon'. I am assuming that the current supply chain issues have caused delays. You can find it by searching 'series 3' in the Borderlands website. Searching 'series III' causes the site to go sideways and other search words that you think would work do not find anything but it is there.

Comment

Their website lists it as 'coming soon'. I am assuming that the current supply chain issues have caused delays. You can find it by searching 'series 3' in the Borderlands website. Searching 'series III' causes the site to go sideways and other search words that you think would work do not find anything but it is there.
                        Thank you, Martin! I had searched their website but I obviously hadn't used the correct parameters. I suspected that it was a supply chain issue but I wasn't sure. I'm glad that I didn't miss out on it.

Comment

Thank you, Martin! I had searched their website but I obviously hadn't used the correct parameters. I suspected that it was a supply chain issue but I wasn't sure. I'm glad that I didn't miss out on it.
                          It is much easier to miss than it is to find it. that is why I listed the parameters. If I was thinking I would have added a link Display Case for Volume 3 Series III Little Books – Borderlands Press

Comment

Yes, I received mine -- the third and final slipcase for the Series III set -- from Camelot at least a month ago. It was my final purchase for that series of books...I collected all three sets (so 45 books?), from the very beginning of the series, and decided it was time.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Yes, I received mine -- the third and final slipcase for the Series III set -- from Camelot at least a month ago. It was my final purchase for that series of books...I collected all three sets (so 45 books?), from the very beginning of the series, and decided it was time.
                              Well, that concerns me. I have little faith that the Borderlands website is accurate.

Comment

Well, that concerns me. I have little faith that the Borderlands website is accurate.
                                It concerns me too, and this is what I was afraid of in the back of my mind. Previously, I had always received a notification from Borderlands when the next item in the series was available, as I was a subscriber to the series straight from Borderlands. This time I received nothing. If Martin didn't either I wonder if this was a widespread problem?

I also sent a message to Borderlands through the website asking about this last display case and have not received a reply.

This is very frustrating but not surprising.

Comment

Working...
                                X