No announcement yet.

Little Book Series 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My copy of the Grant Little Book arrived today, with a surprise bonus signature sheet bound in!

I hope this doesn't mean there's some poor soul out there that is going to get a copy without a signature sheet...

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
      My copy of the Grant Little Book arrived today, with a surprise bonus signature sheet bound in!

I hope this doesn't mean there's some poor soul out there that is going to get a copy without a signature sheet...
      Mine had just the one sig sheet. But the binding was trashed.

Comment

Anyone notice that the Grant Book was not leather bound.

Comment

Anyone else annoyed at the change it cover material? I'd be less annoyed if it wasn't a set.

Comment

Originally posted by khaos View Post
            Anyone else annoyed at the change it cover material? I'd be less annoyed if it wasn't a set.
            I am assuming this is pertaining to the Grant book. I do not have my copy yet so I can't speak to is. Hopefully it is not too far from the earlier books in the series.

Comment

Originally posted by khaos View Post
              I hear you. I actually wish the entire series used this material. Seems there would be fewer denting issues. Though my copy needed to be replaced anyway.

Comment

I'm curious to see what the change is...it didn't seem particularly high-quality to me to begin with, so I'm a little nervous.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                  I hear you. I actually wish the entire series used this material. Seems there would be fewer denting issues. Though my copy needed to be replaced anyway.
                  Yeah, that wouldn't bother me nearly as much. My last few books have seemed a lot nicer than the first few from series 3. And now with this one I'm even further behind in reading them. I think I have 4 to read.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                    I'm curious to see what the change is...it didn't seem particularly high-quality to me to begin with, so I'm a little nervous.
                    It’s like a cloth cover where the usual boards are like a leather material (as you’re well aware). I can try to post a pic but it’s hard to tell.

Comment

Here's a photo of my copy. Like Jeff mentioned, cloth cover instead of faux leather. I'm not sure if this is a permanent change to the series or if it's just for this one edition. I actually think I prefer the leather covers.

A LITTLE BLACK BOOK OF QUIET HORROR rot.jpg
                      Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 01-30-2020, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                        Here's a photo of my copy. Like Jeff mentioned, cloth cover instead of faux leather. I'm not sure if this is a permanent change to the series or if it's just for this one edition. I actually think I prefer the leather covers.
                        I'D also prefer the leather covers if BP did a better job shipping them. Almost every one I get has little dents on it. My Gahan Wilson was the worst. Not that it's a deal-breaker for me, obviously. Since it's send them back or stop collecting and I haven't done either.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                          I'D also prefer the leather covers if BP did a better job shipping them. Almost every one I get has little dents on it. My Gahan Wilson was the worst. Not that it's a deal-breaker for me, obviously. Since it's send them back or stop collecting and I haven't done either.
                          I totally agree with you on that. Those envelopes do not adequately protect the books and several of mine have arrived with minor bumps also. I wish they'd ship them in a box.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                            I totally agree with you on that. Those envelopes do not adequately protect the books and several of mine have arrived with minor bumps also. I wish they'd ship them in a box.
                            I'm sure there are even better envelopes they could use. AND the books should be wrapped in plastic. My Little Black Book showed up soaking wet. The envelope just disintegrated!

blackbook.jpg

Comment

Yikes, Jeff! Was the book damaged?

I order my copies through Camelot so I don’t run into this issue, but it is rather disappointing to see books shipped in bags. I know it’s probably a cost saver and one of the appeals, at least to me, is the price point of these books. I’d just have a hard time buying one if I knew they were going to be shipped that way.

As to the new binding, I’ll have to see it before I decided. I’ve been thinking about jumping off this train, but haven’t decided yet. I’ll probably complete Series III and decide at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                                Yikes, Jeff! Was the book damaged?

I order my copies through Camelot so I don’t run into this issue, but it is rather disappointing to see books shipped in bags. I know it’s probably a cost saver and one of the appeals, at least to me, is the price point of these books. I’d just have a hard time buying one if I knew they were going to be shipped that way.

As to the new binding, I’ll have to see it before I decided. I’ve been thinking about jumping off this train, but haven’t decided yet. I’ll probably complete Series III and decide at that point.
                                The cover was wet. Thankfully I was home and brought it in immediately and wiped the drops off the cover. The pages were not touched. But something felt off on the spine. The back board didn't have the same deep indentation along the spine as the front board. Like it wasn't properly bound. And when I opened the book I saw the pages were completely tearing away from the boards:

IMG_5455.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X