Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Meatcow Maker" from Matthew Warner

The newest chapbook from White Noise Press released today:

On a future Earth sterilized by nuclear apocalypse, two men hike across the desert. Nove the meatcow follows his master, Jebediah, to the last human settlement practicing the ancient art of crop cultivation. To grow food disrupts the symbiosis between meatcow-master couples such as them. Nove worries about his future. Jebediah wouldn’t dare abandon him … would he?

“An apocalyptic nightmare, but so much more! Weird, wonderful, wildly inventive, and ultimately heartbreaking. I loved every word of Matthew Warner’s Meatcow Maker.”
    —Richard Chizmar, author of A Long December and (with Stephen King) Gwendy’s Button Box

https://www.whitenoisepress.com/shelf/

MCM-cover-web.jpg
    Cover art by Deena Warner

Originally posted by keithminnion View Post
    The newest chapbook from White Noise Press released today:

On a future Earth sterilized by nuclear apocalypse, two men hike across the desert. Nove the meatcow follows his master, Jebediah, to the last human settlement practicing the ancient art of crop cultivation. To grow food disrupts the symbiosis between meatcow-master couples such as them. Nove worries about his future. Jebediah wouldn’t dare abandon him … would he?

“An apocalyptic nightmare, but so much more! Weird, wonderful, wildly inventive, and ultimately heartbreaking. I loved every word of Matthew Warner’s Meatcow Maker.”
    —Richard Chizmar, author of A Long December and (with Stephen King) Gwendy’s Button Box

https://www.whitenoisepress.com/shelf/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19553[/ATTACH]
    Cover art by Deena Warner
    Thanks for the heads up, order placed!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Thanks for the heads up, order placed!
      Don't want to brag, well, yes I do, I've got Deena Warner coming to my Library to do a Halloween Program this year. I'll keep Y'all posted.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
        Don't want to brag, well, yes I do, I've got Deena Warner coming to my Library to do a Halloween Program this year. I'll keep Y'all posted.
        That is awesome! I look forward to her Halloween card each year. I believe she is the first artist not named Keith Minnion to illustrate a White Noise Press Chapbook.

Comment

Matt and Deena are friends of mine and, as it turns out, neighbors as well. When it came time to consider Matt's chap, it just seemed an obvious decision to hire Deena to do the cover art. And yes, frankly to save money, I did all the WNP art since 2006, until this one. This is also the first WNP chap to involve a printing company (Mid Valley Press of Verona, VA), who printed the cover on glossy 100 lb. stock.
          Last edited by keithminnion; 04-25-2017, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Very cool being able to work with friends on a project! I also really like Deena's work and get her Halloween cards every year.

Comment

Received my copy a couple of days ago. Another spectacular chap book from White Noise Press!

Comment

Kudos out to Keith for replacing my first copy that my lazy P.O. lady destroyed by cramming it into my mail box.

IMG_3560.jpgIMG_3566.jpg
                IMG_3562.jpgIMG_3564.jpg
                IMG_3565.jpg

Comment

With every chap edition, we normally got at least one letter carrier who chose not to read the label. I'm glad the second copy arrived safely. http://www.whitenoisepress.com/shelf/

18813973_845199698981594_4173459628759908781_n.jpg
                  Last edited by keithminnion; 06-11-2017, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X