X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I loved it! Just finished the Complete Drive in and I gotta say it was a great ride. I'm on the fence about the ending. And can I say WHY would SubPress choose that artwork for the cover of their edition of Drive in 3: The Bus Tour?! Why?!

Can't wait to read Paradise Sky and Bubba when it comes out. Safe to say I am an instant Lansdale fan. Exactly my kind of horror/humor/happy. Reminded me a little of John Dies at the End.

I'm going to write for a while (horror story about a dude's internship in Hell) but then I'll be reading Gwendy!
    I have read a limited amount of Lansdale but I have enjoyed what I have read. I am enjoying Hap and Leonard as well.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    I replied. You are an amazing human.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Safe to say I am an instant Lansdale fan. Exactly my kind of horror/humor/happy.
    Jeff, I had to winnow down my Lansdale shelves a bit, so left you a PM in case you're looking for more Lansdale to read.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    It truly is a very fun read.
    I loved it! Just finished the Complete Drive in and I gotta say it was a great ride. I'm on the fence about the ending. And can I say WHY would SubPress choose that artwork for the cover of their edition of Drive in 3: The Bus Tour?! Why?!

Can't wait to read Paradise Sky and Bubba when it comes out. Safe to say I am an instant Lansdale fan. Exactly my kind of horror/humor/happy. Reminded me a little of John Dies at the End.

I'm going to write for a while (horror story about a dude's internship in Hell) but then I'll be reading Gwendy!

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Thanks to everyone who made their Lansdale recommendations. I started The Drive In this morning and I already love it.
    It truly is a very fun read.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Thanks to everyone who made their Lansdale recommendations. I started The Drive In this morning and I already love it.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Congrats on winning!

And I LOVED Paradise Sky. I think it was one of the first half dozen things I read by Lansdale and absolutely loved it.
    Thanks. I can't wait to start reading Lansdale. Just got to finish Gerald's Game first.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Congrats on winning!

And I LOVED Paradise Sky. I think it was one of the first half dozen things I read by Lansdale and absolutely loved it.

Thanks. I was the only bidder. hahaha. This was at least the third time the seller listed these books for auction and no one was biting. Perhaps because Amazon has some CP editions available for less than this auction's starting bid. But I also got Paradise Sky so I'm cool with it.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Theli View Post
    It's sad in a way because they are ultimately just taking advantage of their devoted (or ignorant) customers. The rest of us see a price and do a bit of online shopping. It's amazing what can be achieved in 10 minutes of searching. It's not like when you needed to literally drive around town to find the best price.
    Very true. Though I will say they've been hanging on to that edition for quite a while now. So I'd imagine anyone interested has done their homework.

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    I hope you're right about everyone getting along to make money off of us (as well as entertain the hell out of us--and, in some cases, into us). I like collecting the same authors from different publishers.

I laughed at your Dark Regions response. They're trying to sell a Grant Artist Edition of The Wind Through the Keyhole for $245 even as Grant has brand new copies available for $75. That markup might work if the internet didn't exist and they were the only bookstore with a copy in an isolated rural town.
    It's sad in a way because they are ultimately just taking advantage of their devoted (or ignorant) customers. The rest of us see a price and do a bit of online shopping. It's amazing what can be achieved in 10 minutes of searching. It's not like when you needed to literally drive around town to find the best price.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    My dealings with Jerad have all been top notch. I agree with Theli, it's all business. I doubt any of these guys would sign anything that looked like an exclusive contract. I wouldn't! Sub has done a great job with McCammon's work and I think we can all agree Lansdale's Drive In omnibus is a super nice volume. Sometimes, I think we watch too much TV/TMZ, the world does not always spin on drama. Thank God LOL!!
    You're right. Too much ginned up drama. I'm desensitized to it while also expecting it.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    I forgot to say congrats on winning the auction!

Thanks. I was the only bidder. hahaha. This was at least the third time the seller listed these books for auction and no one was biting. Perhaps because Amazon has some CP editions available for less than this auction's starting bid. But I also got Paradise Sky so I'm cool with it.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    I'm guessing the case with Jerad is just a mishap. I doubt there's any bad blood. Other than a minor disagreement with Stephen King I don't know anyone that has said anything negative about him. Lansdale is the same way. They both seem like agreeable people.

I also doubt there's any bad blood between McCammon and Sub Press. It's all contracts. I wouldn't be surprised to see other new works from him come out from them in the future.

Dark Regions... I got nothing to say on that.
    I hope you're right about everyone getting along to make money off of us (as well as entertain the hell out of us--and, in some cases, into us). I like collecting the same authors from different publishers.

I laughed at your Dark Regions response. They're trying to sell a Grant Artist Edition of The Wind Through the Keyhole for $245 even as Grant has brand new copies available for $75. That markup might work if the internet didn't exist and they were the only bookstore with a copy in an isolated rural town.

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    I forgot to say congrats on winning the auction!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    My dealings with Jerad have all been top notch. I agree with Theli, it's all business. I doubt any of these guys would sign anything that looked like an exclusive contract. I wouldn't! Sub has done a great job with McCammon's work and I think we can all agree Lansdale's Drive In omnibus is a super nice volume. Sometimes, I think we watch too much TV/TMZ, the world does not always spin on drama. Thank God LOL!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X