No announcement yet.

THE FIREMAN by Joe Hill:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just been talked about in the newsletter mainly but it's not available for order yet. Here's what I've saved.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Seip, I am sorry you are not enjoying the story. I loved it from the introduction. I am sticking with just the Goldsboro edition. I would order the trade if a US customer could also get the T-Shirt.
      Martin: I am enjoying the story. It's just that I was in awe of Hill's NOS4A2 and as I only heard The fireman is Hill's best yet, my expectations were sky-high. And unfortunately not met so far. I do like the book, but no more than that. I definitely liked NOS4A2 better.
      But that can all change, as I've only read 200 pages so far.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
        Martin: I am enjoying the story. It's just that I was in awe of Hill's NOS4A2 and as I only heard The fireman is Hill's best yet, my expectations were sky-high. And unfortunately not met so far. I do like the book, but no more than that. I definitely liked NOS4A2 better.
        But that can all change, as I've only read 200 pages so far.

sk
        Got it. I liked The Fireman much better that NOS4A2.

Comment

Originally posted by khaos View Post
          I don't see anything about a s/l on PS publishing's page. Anyone have any info on this?
          PS has given multiple dates when they would 'officially' announce this book and all have now passed, the latest being 'Late May'. PS generally puts items up on there page to coincide with their newsletter on Fridays. Hopefully this one will be up for sale soon.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
            It's just been talked about in the newsletter mainly but it's not available for order yet. Here's what I've saved.

I have seen that ad multiple times and just noticed that it says 500 signed copies and Joe mentioned singing 1500 for PS at the Portland signing. I wonder which one is correct?

Comment

Maybe he signed 500 plus the lettered for The Fireman and he did an additional 1000 for something, or somethings, else.

Comment

Or maybe that's the discrepancy that's creating the delay...originally contracted for 500, then changed to 1500 somewhere along the line, but contractual matters are still not finalized, etc....something like that. Just a guess, though. Usually Pete @ PS is pretty on top of matters, so the fact that the ordering deadline passed his "late May" declaration -- and did so without comments -- may means that something still needs to get ironed out.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  Or maybe that's the discrepancy that's creating the delay...originally contracted for 500, then changed to 1500 somewhere along the line, but contractual matters are still not finalized, etc....something like that. Just a guess, though. Usually Pete @ PS is pretty on top of matters, so the fact that the ordering deadline passed his "late May" declaration -- and did so without comments -- may means that something still needs to get ironed out.
                  Interesting thoughts. One thing I will say, Pete has me paying much closer attention to his news letters while I wait.

Comment

Interesting thoughts. One thing I will say, Pete has me paying much closer attention to his news letters while I wait.
                    You and me both, my friend, you and me both.

Comment

Get it from Goldboro instead...same book, same red-stained page edges, etc....but it's numbered (of 350).
                      Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                      Goldsboro will also package it such that, if the bombs fall while it's en route, you can die safe in the knowledge that, unlike you, your book will not succumb to nuclear fire.
                      Well, crap. I already jumped on it at Waterstones. I always forget about Goldsboro. Oh well, not being numbered is no biggie to me and an overseas mate is picking it up so I know it'll be shipped save and sound.

Comment

I'm sure Pete means well but I get impatient reading through all the bs before actually getting to the info I'm actually interested in. Just get to the point already, Pete!! LOL.

Comment

Get it from Goldboro instead...same book, same red-stained page edges, etc....but it's numbered (of 350).
                          Ron. Out of curiosity. How were you able to find out that the edges are red for this edition also? I didn't see it on the info page. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                            Ron. Out of curiosity. How were you able to find out that the edges are red for this edition also? I didn't see it on the info page. Thanks!
                            Never mind. Saw it on the scroll on the home page .

Comment

Where does it say it's numbered? I see where they say they have 350 copies, but that sounds like they just have 350 copies for sale, not that they're numbered copies.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                                Where does it say it's numbered? I see where they say they have 350 copies, but that sounds like they just have 350 copies for sale, not that they're numbered copies.
                                Typically Goldboro's limited editions are numbered...but, you're right, I don't see that specific indication on the page for the book (though I sure thought I did at the time I ordered it ), so am not clear what the deal is with THE FIREMAN. I sure hope it will be. Tell you what, since I've ordered the thing and did so under the assumption (and, again, I thought it said it) that it was numbered, I'm going to drop them a note. I'll report back when I hear back from them.

Comment

Working...
                                X