No announcement yet.

THE FIREMAN by Joe Hill:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to the signing in Phoenix tonight. Hill puts on a great signing.

Comment

The Fireman will debut on the New York Times best seller list at #1! Mr. Hill's first #1 book.

Comment

Spent the afternoon at Powell's for Mr. Hills reading. Alas no Kazoo for me but I did get some nice signatures.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          Spent the afternoon at Powell's for Mr. Hills reading. Alas no Kazoo for me but I did get some nice signatures.
          After the aborted attempt on Friday that I mentioned in another thread, I ended up not making a second attempt to drive down there on Saturday morning. It's the first Joe-Hill signing in our area that I have missed, which I do regret, but I will catch him next time around. Glad you had a great time… Saw a picture of the Powells signing, and it looked like a very healthy turnout.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
            After the aborted attempt on Friday that I mentioned in another thread, I ended up not making a second attempt to drive down there on Saturday morning. It's the first Joe-Hill signing in our area that I have missed, which I do regret, but I will catch him next time around. Glad you had a great time… Saw a picture of the Powells signing, and it looked like a very healthy turnout.
            Based on the turnout I have to think it will be the last in store appearance for Joe. Shortly before Joe arrived they announced that if someone needed to use the restroom they should go then because the room was approaching capacity and they may have to stop letting people in. I did not take any pictures of the event but will try to get pictures of the items I got signed posted to my collection thread tomorrow. Here is a preview:

P1340816.jpg

Sorry you missed it Ron, it was a fun event.

Comment

Based on the turnout I have to think it will be the last in store appearance for Joe. Shortly before Joe arrived they announced that if someone needed to use the restroom they should go then because the room was approaching capacity and they may have to stop letting people in. I did not take any pictures of the event but will try to get pictures of the items I got signed posted to my collection thread tomorrow. Here is a preview:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18612[/ATTACH]

Very cool, Martin. Congrats!

Comment

Jealous on that mug, Martin -- I shoulda snagged one of those when they were offered. And now signed -- nice!

Nah, I suspect he'll still tour...he's too much a showman and seems to demonstrably enjoy interacting w/ his readers. He may, though, have to look at holding them at bigger venues or something of that sort. Either way, I'm disappointed I didn't get to see him this time around...that showmanship makes for a great time.

Comment

I did not take any pictures of the event
                  Here's one:

3339116f-fe9d-43a5-8c71-73448beb55a5_zpsykxauqpx.png

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                    Jealous on that mug, Martin -- I shoulda snagged one of those when they were offered. And now signed -- nice!

Nah, I suspect he'll still tour...he's too much a showman and seems to demonstrably enjoy interacting w/ his readers. He may, though, have to look at holding them at bigger venues or something of that sort. Either way, I'm disappointed I didn't get to see him this time around...that showmanship makes for a great time.
                    I think he will still tour. I was saying it will probably be the last in store one. I am guessing he will be someplace like the Baghdad theater next time.

Comment

Personally, after having read about 150 pages I'm not too impressed yet (seem to be the only one...), but still, this is one for the collection:

https://www.waterstones.com/book/the...letitleJoeHill

sk

Comment

Thanks for the link, Siep. I have yet to dive into it but those red page edges are freakin' cool!

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                          Personally, after having read about 150 pages I'm not too impressed yet (seem to be the only one...), but still, this is one for the collection:

sk
                          Get it from Goldboro instead...same book, same red-stained page edges, etc....but it's numbered (of 350).

Comment

Goldsboro will also package it such that, if the bombs fall while it's en route, you can die safe in the knowledge that, unlike you, your book will not succumb to nuclear fire.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post

sk
                              Seip, I am sorry you are not enjoying the story. I loved it from the introduction. I am sticking with just the Goldsboro edition. I would order the trade if a US customer could also get the T-Shirt.

Comment

I don't see anything about a s/l on PS publishing's page. Anyone have any info on this?

Comment

Working...
                                X