Summer of Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Maybe I can convince my wife she should get it for me for Valentine's Day...
    Good luck with that one, Keith! I'd hedge my bet if I were you

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Have to put the brakes on sometime LOl!!
    My foot/feet usually end up through the floorboard :-/.

Comment

Maybe I can convince my wife she should get it for me for Valentine's Day...
      If you pull off that miracle, maybe you can ask your wife to convince MY wife to get me one! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
        I hadn't looked too closely at the art...wow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17751[/ATTACH]
        I absolutely LOVE David Palumbo's artwork. He did an amazing job on 'Salem's Lot for us, too.

Brian
        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

The price has effectively been lowered by $50 for the next day or so if you order through SubPress (and if you already did, you should get a $50 refund).

Note that this is a $50 off of $250+ sale, not an actual price reduction. It's also good for any purchase of at least $250 with the usual SubPress caveats.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
            If you pull off that miracle, maybe you can ask your wife to convince MY wife to get me one! LOL!
            Unfortunately, there was no miracle being pulled off at my house. I even tried the whole "Don't do it just for me, do it to set a precedent for all the other poor souls out there who are trying to convince their significant others to buy them this book."

That argument was summarily dismissed. I filed a Motion For Appeal, but things don't look so good...

Comment

Has anybody pulled the trigger on this? I'm not just on the fence, I've pretty much set up camp and might be inviting friends over for game night.

Comment

Your efforts are appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                  Your efforts are appreciated.
                  I do what I can.

Comment

Has anybody pulled the trigger on this? I'm not just on the fence, I've pretty much set up camp and might be inviting friends over for game night.
                    So Brian must have read this post and decided to help me out by knocking me off the fence with this tidbit from CD:

IMPORTANT SPECIAL OFFER FOR COLLECTORS:
                    If you order Summer of Night through our online store before NOON on Thursday, you'll qualify for a free $60 coupon code that can be used toward the purchase of ANYTHING on our website including items that normally cannot be ordered with coupons! If you've already placed your order, don't worry, you're already on the list for the special coupon deal! These coupons will be emailed out next week after we confirm our orders. Thank you!

So I placed my order. I might have to move things around a bit to make it work with my budget--and finally get around to selling some doubles of books that I have-- but in the end it is SUMMER OF NIGHT.

Comment

I have to stay strong, I'm getting the Woolrich set. I have a very nice 1st ed hardback, it'll do!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                        I have to stay strong, I'm getting the Woolrich set. I have a very nice 1st ed hardback, it'll do!
                        Me, too -- on all three points! The Woolrich set, along with recent (as in the last month or so) splurges like a half-dozen Ash-Tree Press books in one buy and picking up THE COMPLETE KANE (Wagner, Centipede) off eBay and IT ONLY COMES OUT AT NIGHT (Etchison, Centipede) and a couple big upcoming buys...not only is the Simmons book awfully damn expensive for a Sub Press / Simmons book -- whether it's $200 or $250 -- it's just coming at a bad time for my budget, which has already been obliterated, as the aforementioned purchases suggest.
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Don't know how to be strong....don't care about being strong, so I ordered both the numbered and lettered edition.
                          It's one of my favorite Simmons novels, so I find it impossible not to buy.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                            Don't know how to be strong....don't care about being strong, so I ordered both the numbered and lettered edition.
                            It's one of my favorite Simmons novels, so I find it impossible not to buy.

sk
                            It's a tie with Carrion Comfort for me, but it IS a great book!

Comment

Carrion Comfort is definitely my #1.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                                Carrion Comfort is definitely my #1.

sk
                                I expect someone will do it someday.

Comment

Working...
                                X