Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gauntlet Press and Clive Barker 2016

So this little nugget was dropped in the Gauntlet Press newsletter today:

"One of the books we’re most excited about is our signed limited edition of Clive Barker’s THE GREAT AND SECRET SHOW. As is the case with all of our “classic-revisited” titles THE GREAT AND SECRET SHOW will contain loads of bonus material. All editions will feature Clive Barker cover art expressly drawn for the book as well as brand new Barker black and white interior illos.*"

This is one of the Barker books I've yet to read, but seems to have a good following. I might get in on this, depending on price.

I'm in the same boat as you, but Gauntlet is normally pretty fair with their pricing. We'll see how things develop!

Comment

One of my favorite books. This is great news and bad news. Money is tight and Gauntlet is also doing the second book in the first blood trilogy next year. Decisions, Decisions.

Comment

I'd be willing to bet the Morrell book will be more affordable by quite a bit.

Comment

The Great and Secret Show is currently available for preorder on Gauntlet's site. 500-copy limited edition is $75 plus $35 if you want a slipcase and the 52-copy lettered edition will set you back $300. The lettered is way out of my price range right now, but I'm tempted to pick up the limited with a slipcase.

Comment

If the book wouldn't have barker's own illustrations, I'd go for one.
            I'd even go for the lettered.

Like Barker's writing, hate his artwork.

sk

Comment

Working...
            X