Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nightshade Books releasing Clark Ashton Smith Papaerback

Hi,
    I passed on the hardbacks, but this looks like a good option. They're listed for about $14.00 on Amazon.

Here are the announced publication dates for each volume:

Volume One: The End of the Story—September 2015

Volume Two: The Door to Saturn—January 2016

Volume Three: A Vintage from Atlantis—May 2016

Volume Four: The Maze of the Enchanter—September 2016

Volume Five: The Last Hieroglyph—January 2017

The Miscellaneous Writings of Clark Ashton Smith—May 2017

I thought Nightshade went out of business...

I already have the first 3 in hardcover, great series.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
      I thought Nightshade went out of business...

I already have the first 3 in hardcover, great series.
      They "were" going out of business, but then they were sold to another publisher, I think called Skyhorse, who kept them as an imprint.

Comment

Wow, I've always loved Clark Ashton Smith, but the price for the first two HC editions are outrageous.
        Love to own these books though.
        I guess there will only be a paperback release, and no HC re-release??

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
          Wow, I've always loved Clark Ashton Smith, but the price for the first two HC editions are outrageous.
          Love to own these books though.
          I guess there will only be a paperback release, and no HC re-release??

sk

NSB originally released them in hardback.

Comment

Yes, I found that out a couple of days ago. I'd love to own the HCs, but they're way too expensive right now.
            The paperbacks will have to do, I'm afraid.

sk

Comment

Yes, I found that out a couple of days ago. I'd love to own the HCs, but they're way too expensive right now.
              The paperbacks will have to do, I'm afraid.

sk
              The only reason I have them is because they were offering Lifetime deals at one point. It was a great deal until their lifetime ended....LOL!

Comment

They also put out a really nice looking 5 book set of William Hope Hodgson.

Comment

I bought a lot of things from Nightshade before they went out of business. Loved everything they sent me, especially the Wagner set and the Manly Wade Wellmen collection. I hear they had a lot of business issues but I think they made a damn good shot of putting out some good books. I'll be getting the paperback editions for sure.

Comment

Love William Hope Hodgson as well, Brad. Another five books to search out....Thanks!!

sk

Comment

Nightshade was a fantastic company! Through them I was introduced to the aforementioned Smith and Hodgson but also Glen Cook. I also like Steven Erickson novellas they put out. Missed out on the Wagner releases unfortunately, and they go for quite a pretty penny.

Comment

Love William Hope Hodgson as well, Brad. Another five books to search out....Thanks!!

sk

LOL!! Sorry!

Comment

sk
                          Side note....if you do go for the Hodgson books....I know vol/s 1 and 2 went through a second prining. Not sure on 3-5. The Wellman 5 book series is a nice set too. They also did a 2 book slipcase Wellman set of a couple of short novels/ novellas.

Comment

I didn't know about the 2 book set. I'll have to keep an eye out. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                              I didn't know about the 2 book set. I'll have to keep an eye out. Thanks!
                              Each book had a short novel and I *think* a short story. The main titles were Giants From Eternity and Strangers on the Heights. Just over 150 pages per voluje.

Comment

Working...
                              X