Folio Society

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folio Society

I have known of them but stuck mostly to Easton Press when I wanted some classics. However after ordering a couple books I am loving their product! Some amazing artwork, prices a little steep but they have member sales regularly.

Anyone purchase from them in the past?

I love Folio Society books. They aren't on par with publishers like CD, but they are great quality and have some very cool art and design components. They are also very readable--they are put together so you don't have to that they won't look perfect after you read them. I personally prefer the look of a Folio book to an Easton Press book, although I have both in my collection.

The Folio Fahrenheit 451 is wonderful, as is Brave New World. I also have a couple of their older titles--The Great Gatsby/The Last Tycoon and 1984. All great. I would definitely recommend them.

Comment

I have a few Folio Soiciety books as well. They are of great quality. What I don't like about FS is that when I join, I have one month to buy all four of my membership books. So I must come up with $200-$400 all at once. And the sets they have, Easton has the same set, but more of it. For instance, of Andrew langs Fairy books, Folio has the first four, but Easton has a complete set of all twelve. They also have the first four books of the Aubrey/Maturin series, where Easton had all twenty. The FS does add more to each series, but I'd rather get them knowing that I'll have all in the same binding. But they do have some individual titles I wouldn't mind owning, though.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Just an FYI, they have the full series of books. They also ditched the spending requirement however you do get benefits for spending a certain amount (some form of membership and deals).

Comment

I figured, but they didn't at the time.

And I already have both those series for Easton. I admit that it has been since 2007 since I ordered from them. But it's nice to know they got rid of the buy w/the one month requirement.
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
          X