Shortwave Publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shortwave Publishing

Here's a new publisher from Oregon that I haven't heard of before - Shortwave Publishing. Their about us page states they focus on dark and speculative genre fiction.

They have a new collection coming out tomorrow that sounds kind of cool - OBSOLESCENCE A Dark Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Horror Anthology

I grabbed a lettered edition - if you sign up for their newsletter, you get a 20% off coupon for your first order so it was pretty reasonable for the package.

Looks like a solid TOC lineup. They don't state signatures are included, so am assuming no contributors are signing this anthology.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

For the price I wasn’t expecting any signatures. Maybe I’ll be surprised when it arrives?

And if not, no complaints here. The lettered package cost just about the same price as a trade hardcover lately. Plus supporting a new publisher is good.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
        Here's a new publisher from Oregon that I haven't heard of before - Shortwave Publishing. Their about us page states they focus on dark and speculative genre fiction.

They have a new collection coming out tomorrow that sounds kind of cool - OBSOLESCENCE A Dark Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Horror Anthology

I grabbed a lettered edition - if you sign up for their newsletter, you get a 20% off coupon for your first order so it was pretty reasonable for the package.
        Thanks for the heads up.

Picked up the standard hardcover plus the two Chapman chapbooks.

B

Comment

Originally posted by brlesh View Post

Thanks for the heads up.

Picked up the standard hardcover plus the two Chapman chapbooks.

B
          You're welcome! My lettered copy is out for delivery. Really interested in the quality (not excepting to be wowed, but the pictures look great!)

Comment

Impulse buy completed. Thanks! LOL

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
              Impulse buy completed. Thanks! LOL

It's the least I can do to repay all of you for the countless impulse buys over the years. You're welcome!

Comment

My lettered edition of Obsolescence arrived today. I got letter PP - feel free to snicker; I did.

Quality wise - it felt like a regular trade book. I did appreciate the protective illustrated box it came in, especially since it was mailed in a vary basic bubble envelope.

I never got the promised free eBook version, but after sending a polite email, I got the eBook of Obsolescence and the eBook of the bonus chapbook - all within about 5 minutes. Not too shabby.

Sadly this book is getting placed into a box - along with all of my other books. I'm up to 70 boxes so far (17x11x11 if you're curious). The mother-in-law moves into our apartment in about 10 days, and then hopefully in the next 6-9 months we can find a house to buy. So all of my books are going into storage. (Fingers crossed no one cool comes to the upcoming "comic" convention in July that I want to sign something because I've been rushing and have no idea what's in what boxes.

Comment

Were there no signatures, as expected?

Comment

Correct - no signatures as expected. I think the editors could have at least signed it honestly. But I'm still good with the purchase. It's a neat looking book and it's supporting a new publisher, plus it sounds like a great collection.

Could be fun to track them down as authors tour or show up at shows and such.Although, I tried that with an art book at a comic convention, and it was a pain tracking them down.

Comment

Received mine as well. It wasn't bad for the price. I need to really look through the TOC and hopefully there are some good stories in there.
                      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                      X