Special Edition Books (UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special Edition Books (UK)

These guys are publishing a collector's edition of Carrie. Ordering opens at 7am EST on Tuesday 4/25, and it looks like the print run will be however many are ordered in 24 hours. No idea how much it is, but if it's reasonable I might order a copy and have it sent to my parents' house (they don't ship to the US or Canada).

We are so excited to finally reveal all the details of our Constant Reader Edition of Stephen King’s first published novel, Carrie.
    This one-off print run hardback edition of Carrie has its own unique design and has sprayed edges, stunning endpapers and a ribbon marker. It arrives packed in a special collector’s box, with four stunning limited edition art prints featuring iconic quotes from the book, and a Constant Reader badge.
    Stephen King has contributed to The Constant Reader Edition with a new conversation with his British editor about Carrie. The transcript of this Q&A session will be included in The Constant Reader box alongside the book. The books will not be signed.
    Orders for the Constant Reader Edition will open here https://fal.cn/3xBHN at 12pm BST on Tuesday 25th April 2023 and close at 12 noon BST on Monday 23rd May 2023. A single print run of The Constant Reader Edition will then be created to fulfil these orders which will be despatched in August 2023. No future orders will be taken – this is your one chance to own this incredible edition!
    Orders limited to one copy per customer. Not available to US, Canada, the Philippines and some other territories (check the website for full details).

Interesting.  I see they did a signed Fairy Tale - https://specialeditionbooks.co.uk/products/fairy-tale - that was only £250 which seems reasonable. Not sure if that's any gauge to what Carrie could cost.

I do feel personally attacked in their "won't ship here" list - holding a grudge since 1776 I see.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
      Interesting.  I see they did a signed Fairy Tale - https://specialeditionbooks.co.uk/products/fairy-tale - that was only £250 which seems reasonable. Not sure if that's any gauge to what Carrie could cost.

I do feel personally attacked in their "won't ship here" list - holding a grudge since 1776 I see.
         Yes, I got their Fairy Tale S/L, which is also at my parents' house. We'll be heading there in September, so I can bring books back with me. 

Comment

It's up for sale now, and will be available until 7am EST on May 23rd, so plenty of time to think about it. For now, I'm leaning towards not ordering...it's not something I need.

https://specialeditionbooks.co.uk/pr...e&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Comment

[QUOTEIt's up for sale now, and will be available until 7am EST on May 23rd, so plenty of time to think about it. For now, I'm leaning towards not ordering...it's not something I need.[/QUOTE] Hi Dave- if you are in the UK and decide not to order, could you order a copy for me? I am in New York.

Comment

Originally posted by joejets View Post
            [QUOTEIt's up for sale now, and will be available until 7am EST on May 23rd, so plenty of time to think about it. For now, I'm leaning towards not ordering...it's not something I need.
            Hi Dave- if you are in the UK and decide not to order, could you order a copy for me? I am in New York.[/QUOTE]

I could. I'm in NJ, and I would have it sent to my parents' house in Ireland. That's a shipping charge of GBP 25, so the total is GBP 90, which is US $112 at the current exchange rate. I won't be going to Ireland until September, probably returning to the US around 9/25, so you wouldn't see it for a while. I'd also have to ship it to you once I get back, but that wouldn't cost much. If you still want it I can order it for you and let you know how much it comes to once it shows up on my credit card. I can take PayPal, Venmo, or Zelle.

Comment

Thanks, Dave, I would really appreciate that, and I don't mind waiting until the fall to see it. Just let me know how much to send and I can PayPal or Zelle.
              email is [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by joejets View Post
                Thanks, Dave, I would really appreciate that, and I don't mind waiting until the fall to see it. Just let me know how much to send and I can PayPal or Zelle.
                email is [email protected]
                Just ordered it and sent you the confirmation email.

Comment

Working...
                X