Blood Meridian- Folio Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood Meridian- Folio Edition

I'm tempted by another Folio release of Cormac McCarthy. I am never thrilled with their books but to have a nice edition of this novel makes me think on it.

I do like the illustrations and the price isn't crazy however I will likely end up passing on this one.

https://www.foliosociety.com/usa/blo...urce=hs_email/
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

I don't own any Folio Society books. They look like they might be cheaply made?

Comment

They are mid level grade books with a few frills. Trim size is typically on the small size. I don't hate their books but I'm never blown away by them. Hopefully others will chime in with their opinion on Folio quality.

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
      I don't own any Folio Society books. They look like they might be cheaply made?
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
        They are mid level grade books with a few frills. Trim size is typically on the small size. I don't hate their books but I'm never blown away by them. Hopefully others will chime in with their opinion on Folio quality.

Thank you Ben.

Comment

The quality of the books tends to scale pretty linearly with the cost. At this price point you'll get a nice enough book - something that's a definite step up over a trade hardcover, but likely won't be as nice as, say, a Suntup AGE.

Comment

Their editions of Martin's Song of Ice and Fire are really nice! Even the interior of the slipcase is illustrated. Pricey, though, at $230 each now.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
              The quality of the books tends to scale pretty linearly with the cost. At this price point you'll get a nice enough book - something that's a definite step up over a trade hardcover, but likely won't be as nice as, say, a Suntup AGE.
              Well said. They’re solid buys when other, nicer deluxe editions aren’t available (or within one’s budget).

I picked up this BLOOD MERIDIAN Folio edition, and it’s taken it’s time getting to me (left Folio on the 12th, and today it’s in L.A.), hopefully I’ll see it soon. It joins my Folio edition of THE ROAD…I passed on the Suntup editions of both for budgetary reasons (and I wasn’t thrilled with their production of THE ROAD), so these Folio editions make very nice and perfectly satisfying substitutes.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Folio pricing is an issue for US buyers, with their insistence in marking up the currency conversion rate frustrating to say the least. That said, while their standard editions are not fine press, the quality is generally good and I've no issues buying them when the price is right, especially if I like the art.

Comment

I've been happy with the Folio editions I've bought, although I don't have many of them. For the price, they were as good as could be expected, and I had no complaints.

As for Blood Meridian, I've wanted the Suntup edition since it came out, and actually bought a copy today. Prices were pretty high on the secondary market for a while, but lately have dropped to just over issue price. In fact, what I paid today was about $30 cheaper than if I'd bought directly from Suntup and paid tax and shipping.

Comment

Working...
                  X