Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS Publishing's Needful Things

Hi All,

Just curious, did anyone on the forum pre-order Needful Things from PS Publishing this morning? I got very lucky and was able to snag a copy although I'm a bit annoyed that they didn't place the book directly on the website as opposed to having to search out a direct link for the webpage. Because of that, the book sold out by the time I could find the direct link; however, I kept refreshing the page and the buy link eventually reactivated. I'm assuming someone either didn't complete their purchase or exceeded the order limit. Either way, I hit the paypal button immediately and got lucky. Must mean I'm going to have a good Friday! Glad to be able to add this to the collection!

I get my PS King books through Subterranean, just waiting for their Needful Things email.

Comment

I got my copy. It didn't go live at 11am EST - it was around 11:05 when the order button finally appeared. It took me another ten minutes to add the book to my cart and check out, but the order button was live until 11:45 or so. The site was refreshing instantly by 11:20, so I guess the initial rush was over at that point.

They have two more order windows today, for those who missed the first one.

Comment

I snagged a copy...the email alert from them just happened to pop up while I was working, and I followed the link on the email and had no issues. I actually wasn't intending to order a copy and had no idea today was the day, so this was more of an impulse buy than anything else. No regrets, as NEEDFUL THINGS is for me the final book in what I think of as the Classic King period, so while it's never been my favorite of the bunch it has some sentimental value in that regard.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I haven't had any luck for the first two batches, but fingers are crossed for the third batch.

Comment

Just received my copy of Needful Things! Production looks great. I do wish PS had better slipcases as they always feel flimsy to me, at least compared to the type that most boutique publishers use. That being said, at least the slipcases are illustrated, which I do feel adds a nice touch when looking at them on the bookshelf. This one will definitely be moved up on the TBR pile as I don't believe I have read Needful Things since its' original publication. Now just have to decide if I want to watch the movie beforehand or not.

Comment

I'm still waiting on mine. I haven't received a shipping notification yet, but I know they're working their way through the orders and dealing with Royal Mail strikes.

Comment

Mine arrived earlier this week, and I agree, looks nice. I’m never bowled over by the productions, but am rarely displeased, either. Very glad I have it.

Now it’s a waiting game for their edition of DIFFERENT SEASONS.

Comment

Have they announced the next title? Is it Different Seasons?

Comment

Originally posted by joejets View Post
                    Have they announced the next title? Is it Different Seasons?
                    I believe DIFFERENT SEASONS is next (I think there were some early promo shots provided), but can’t say for certain what their schedule is.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I believe DIFFERENT SEASONS is next (I think there were some early promo shots provided), but can’t say for certain what their schedule is.
                      No idea on the timeline, but I recall the next titles being Different Seasons and then Firestarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

No idea on the timeline, but I recall the next titles being Different Seasons and then Firestarter.
                        I’m kind of excited about FIRESTARTER…I’ve always had a soft spot for that one, and it’s a book that seems underrated by King fans. Maybe it’s the Dad in me, but FIRESTARTER really sings to me.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I’m kind of excited about FIRESTARTER…I’ve always had a soft spot for that one, and it’s a book that seems underrated by King fans. Maybe it’s the Dad in me, but FIRESTARTER really sings to me.
                          Yeah, I love Firestarter. It's one of those books I don't necessarily remember liking so much until I read it again.

Comment

Working...
                          X