It's Alive Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Alive Press

Anyone have any experiences with It's Alive! Press?

I think I got on their mailing list because I backed their re-publishing of Joe Lansdale's Red Range comics.

So far I've tried placing two orders, and none of them have gone well.

I believe it was November, and I ordered the signed edition of Red Range, and after waiting about a month, I emailed Drew (the owner) asking what was up. I know the book was published, so there shouldn't be a reason for a delay. No response. I emailed again. No response. I filed a claim with PayPal. I got a response. He apologized, promised to send me the book. PayPal refunded my money. I never got the books. He did email me - sent me some digital links (that didn't work when I tried clicking on them.) I told him that I just want the book I ordered.

In early February, I tried again. I ordered the same book. Nothing. Crickets.

I just want this damn book.

Not someone I am familiar with. Based on your experience I will keep it that way. Hope you are able to get the book somehow.

Comment

Nope. Never heard of them. Hope you are able to get this sorted out.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Although I have had just a little experience with the press, I think Drew is a good dude- who may occasionally get over his head with It's Alive. I'm surprised he's ghosted you, though. That doesn't sound like him. But, you are right- you need RED RANGE. That's an important book and I was so glad Drew (re)published it, and did a great job on it (a possibly even better Hardcover he did is Sam Glanzman's excellent Undersea Adventure comic Voyage To the Deep- don't miss it!). I know it's been frustrating, but- I'd keep trying. He may be having some money and supply chain issues currently. Still, no excuse not to get back to you.

Comment

swintek - I already have the Kickstarter edition, but I really want that signed version with everyone's signatures.

I just sent an email to Drew this evening - I looked back at my records and I see that I placed my order on the the 2nd of February, so it's been a month. (And I see he's now doing a 50% off sale ...)

Comment

Drew has a string of Kickstarters that have been dragging on for years, with no end in sight. I was tempted to back one of them years ago, and then I found a thread on a comics message board that made me think better of it. I don't think he is maliciously stealing people's money, but he seems to be in way over his head. Poke around this thread and you'll see a litany of complaints:
            https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...09704#p1409704

You'd be better off trying to order it from an online comics shop or e-bay.
            http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
              swintek - I already have the Kickstarter edition, but I really want that signed version with everyone's signatures.

I just sent an email to Drew this evening - I looked back at my records and I see that I placed my order on the the 2nd of February, so it's been a month. (And I see he's now doing a 50% off sale ...)
              I have the Kickstarter edition, and it is "signed" by Lansdale, Glanzman & Bissette, but on a thick, title-printed card laid in. Not my favorite way to get a "signed" copy. This is how mine came directly from the Kickstarter campaign. Is there an edition with a proper tipped in signature sheet?
              Last edited by swintek; 03-03-2022, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post

I have the Kickstarter edition, and it is "signed" by Lansdale, Glanzman & Bissette, but on a thick, title-printed card laid in. Not my favorite way to get a "signed" copy. This is how mine came directly from the Kickstarter campaign. Is there an edition with a proper tipped in signature sheet?
                I had to check my copy because I was sure it wasn't signed - and I was right. I must have just gotten the plain Kickstarter edition since it's not signed (it does have my name in it, so there's that.)

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                  Drew has a string of Kickstarters that have been dragging on for years, with no end in sight. I was tempted to back one of them years ago, and then I found a thread on a comics message board that made me think better of it. I don't think he is maliciously stealing people's money, but he seems to be in way over his head. Poke around this thread and you'll see a litany of complaints:
                  https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...09704#p1409704

You'd be better off trying to order it from an online comics shop or e-bay.
                  I have the original black and white edition, and Kickstarter color version - I just would really like to add the signed version to my Lansdale collection.

This is the last time I try and order it - once I either get the book, or a refund, no more.

Comment

Well I did get a reply from Drew that he'll ship it soon. Still nothing.

As a comparison, I ordered a book from Z2 Comics on Monday, and it arrived today. The charge is still pending on my credit card since it's still so recent.

Comment

Best of luck. I was wondering if this was ever resolved.

Well I did get a reply from Drew that he'll ship it soon. Still nothing.

As a comparison, I ordered a book from Z2 Comics on Monday, and it arrived today. The charge is still pending on my credit card since it's still so recent.

Comment

The book arrived! It was mailed on Wednesday and arrived yesterday. Quite possible the fasted media mail speed from New York to Colorado that I've ever experienced, but it did arrive.

It's the same version as the exclusive Kickstarter one (that I already had), just that this one came with a signed signature plate (not attached to the book.

I'm glad this ordeal is finally over.

Comment

Woot! Glad you finally were able to order and receive the book you wanted.

The book arrived! It was mailed on Wednesday and arrived yesterday. Quite possible the fasted media mail speed from New York to Colorado that I've ever experienced, but it did arrive.

It's the same version as the exclusive Kickstarter one (that I already had), just that this one came with a signed signature plate (not attached to the book.

I'm glad this ordeal is finally over.

Comment

Working...
                          X