Borderlands Little Book Series 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Borderlands Little Book Series 4

If you subscribe to the Borderlands Press mailing list you just discovered that there will indeed be a Series 4 and the first volume is available for pre-order.

https://www.borderlandspress.com/sho...aign=Gold+Book

I am going to pass on Series 4 myself, and if the recent comments in this forum are any indication I won't be the only one sitting this one out. I hope this series won't contain a volume that will make me regret that decision.

Did they ever offer a slipcase for the final 5 books in Series 3? If so, I somehow missed it.

I received the email and am very interested in the first book. Since this is all deceased authors I wish they had listed at least some of them. No sure if I will order this one or not. I too have not seen anything on the final case or series three. Hope I did not miss it.

Comment

Interestingly, I did not receive the email, so am glad to see this notice. Chances are that after being in for all three full sets, I’m going to sit this fourth one out. Still wavering a bit, but I’ll be surprised if I decide to opt in.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        Interestingly, I did not receive the email, so am glad to see this notice. Chances are that after being in for all three full sets, I’m going to sit this fourth one out. Still wavering a bit, but I’ll be surprised if I decide to opt in.
        I am leaning towards getting this one due to the subject matter. Not sure if I will go with the whole set though.

Comment

Yeah, I did get this notice as well... Ironically, even though the Weird/Pulp "Dead Guys" are more in my wheelhouse lately, I don't know that I'll be committing to the whole series. I'd like to hear more details. But, even though the idea is very intriguing to me, the past execution problems have made me very wary on a $500 plus commitment to a same numbered set. I'll probably just pick and choose on this line, like I did with the first 2 sets (which, ultimately, burned me on the Joe Hill book, which still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but, I digress). As I think I've mentioned before- these will most likely all be Public Domain titles, which means BP is producing them (sans printing costs) at minimal expense (paying the introduction authors, et al, to be sure), so we will hopefully (?) see a marked improvement in proofing for the rampant grammatical errors and unfortunate binding and limitation inconsistencies. As said, I'm always behind what BP is doing in spirit. I think I need to vote with my preorders, however, until things get back on track. And thus- I'll be on a book by book basis again. I hope the line does well. I'm a big fan of Tom and Elizabeth and, ultimately, of BP as a publisher.

Comment

I'm not entirely sure why I got the 3rd series, but I did. I haven't read any of them. Well, the same could be said for SO MANY other books I own that haven't been read (or looked at.)

But as I'm trying (and semi-failing) to be smarter with my collections, and I don't think this series fits into that plan. Like so many of you have said, I wish they published the list of who will be featured because that might sway me more.

Comment

This is probably a good time for me to back away from buying any more "Little Books". I've enjoyed them so far, ridiculous proofreading errors and all, but I'm at a point where I'd be happy to not have to spend $30 bucks or whatever every few months. I'll join the crowd and echo that I wish they would have mentioned what other Authors they are including in this series, because that might have swayed me. As it stands, I'll most likely pass on this new series.
              http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I just noticed that they have this book listed as a "Limited Editionted" on the ordering page.........They just can't help themselves.

http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                  I just noticed that they have this book listed as a "Limited Editionted" on the ordering page.........They just can't help themselves.
                  That is truth in advertising. You have to love a web page that truly shows you what you are buying!

Comment

I believe I'll be sitting this one out.

Comment

I'm out on this series as well. I'm actually relieved these won't be contemporary authors and I can feel good just watching the parade go by. Maybe if Series 5 turns up with Palahniuk, Wong, Tremblay, (STEPHEN!) King, Barker, and others I'll be ready to climb aboard once more--especially if my financial situation improves.

Comment

I'm skipping this one. I'm glad I bought series 3 as a whole. I was set to get authors I wanted and got a few I'm glad to have a signed book that I wouldn't have picked up. But I have no need for this series 4. Slightly annoyed too they dangled Stephen King and never mentioned it again.

Comment

I really like the idea of Series 4 and if I was still collecting these, I’d be all in, even if there would be overlap with other collections I own. Unfortunately, I’m still put off by the proofreading errors.

Comment

Did anyone else receive an invoice from Borderlands Press for something they didn't order? I am just curious if this was an isolated incident or more widespread.
                            Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 03-06-2023, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Yes I received an unsolicited paypal invoice for their LeFanu little book this weekend and a second invoice today. I also did not order it and have not been buying this series.  Paypal does state on the bottom that you can safely ignore this invoice if you are not buying anything fro this seller.  Very annoying.

Comment

Working...
                              X