No announcement yet.

Andy Weir - Project Hail Mary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will be interested on your take on it. I was a bit more forgiving for ARTEMIS than some, but agree that it was not in the same realm as THE MARTIAN. My hopes remain high for PROJECT HAIL MARY. That said, I've held off thus far on the many offers for signed trade editions, as I'm still holding out for the Sub Press S/L edition.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Just picked it up from the library.

Jim

Comment

While conceding a few points in its favor, The NY Times wasn’t much of a fan of the book.

I’m still optimistic.
        In “Project Hail Mary,” by Andy Weir, a former science teacher is the planet’s only hope.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

While conceding a few points in its favor, The NY Times wasn’t much of a fan of the book.

I’m still optimistic.
          I read the first chapter last night. It has plenty of time to go off the rails but the first chapter is fantastic!

Comment

Good reviews on Amazon so far.

Comment

I received a shipping notice on my signed UK edition from Waterstones.

I don't remember buying this, so it's a pleasant surprise/reminder!

Comment

Just got it today, so it's next on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  Will be interested on your take on it. I was a bit more forgiving for ARTEMIS than some, but agree that it was not in the same realm as THE MARTIAN. My hopes remain high for PROJECT HAIL MARY. That said, I've held off thus far on the many offers for signed trade editions, as I'm still holding out for the Sub Press S/L edition.
                  Bill confirmed today on Facebook that they are doing Project Hail Mary, so hopefully we won't have to wait for too long.

Comment

I loved it. I never read reviews of books I want to read, so I have no idea what the reviewers have said about it. To me, it read like a modern-day Heinlein novel, and I have no problem with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                      I loved it. I never read reviews of books I want to read, so I have no idea what the reviewers have said about it. To me, it read like a modern-day Heinlein novel, and I have no problem with that.
                      I am reading one to two chapters a night, currently about 100 pages in, and am loving it so far. As long as it does not go off the rails this will be a home run for me.

Comment

I just started this last night, enjoying it very much. Read the new Timothy Zahn Star Wars book before that.

Comment

I was just at Costco and couldn’t pass up a 1st edition trade HC of Weir’s new one for sixteen bucks and change. I’m still holding off on a full-priced signed trade HC in hopes of the Sub Press S/L, but this cheap Costco one will make for a great reading copy so I don’t have to wait to read this anticipated book until the Sub Press edition.

Comment

I am reading this pretty slowly and am about 2/3 through it and am absolutely loving it. From a creative story my mind keeps drawing comparisons to 'Devolution' which I read recently. Completely different stories not from just each other but from other things I have read.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              I am reading this pretty slowly and am about 2/3 through it and am absolutely loving it. From a creative story my mind keeps drawing comparisons to 'Devolution' which I read recently. Completely different stories not from just each other but from other things I have read.
                              Good to hear (not about DEVOLUTION, which was a DNF for me), but that it's a great read. I'll probably start it after my current read, Kepne's new one, YOU LOVE ME.

Comment

I just picked the book from the library. I can't wait until I finish my work and start reading your book. I would also like to have the book in electronic format, but unfortunately, I couldn't find one. I enjoy reading on my Kindle. Maybe you will want to make also the electronic format of the book. There is a lot of software that can help you to make it easier. I am not sure, but maybe you can find something in softwaredeal store. There is a lot of great software that helps in business and not only.
                                Last edited by ShadoJz; 10-23-2021, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X