PS Publishing and the Boody Shipping Costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS Publishing and the Boody Shipping Costs

I got the latest PS Publishing newsletter and found myself again tempted by a couple of titles... Until I saw the cost of shipping. Yes, you can get their titles at Camelot Books for example, just not at the price you see at PS Publishing.
    I was fairly recently disappointed by a PS Publishing book that really caught my eye and was looking forward to reading. During the big three month shutdown here I was tempted by a three book set at PS Publishing. I didn't pull the trigger even though the price was incredibly tempting because I didn't yet know what was going to happen here and someone on Facebook also blabbed about the deal and it was suddenly gone.
    I'm irked enough that I'm actually considering unsubscribing to their newsletter.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

The cost of shipping from the UK to USA recently increased quite dramatically.
    Nothing to do with PS Publishing
    https://www.theamerican.co.uk/pr/ne-...e-Rises-July-1
    PS postal costs prior to this were incredibly low.

It's a shame that there aren't more US booksellers who stock their books.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
      The cost of shipping from the UK to USA recently increased quite dramatically.
      Nothing to do with PS Publishing
      https://www.theamerican.co.uk/pr/ne-...e-Rises-July-1
      PS postal costs prior to this were incredibly low.

It's a shame that there aren't more US booksellers who stock their books.
      I fully understand the postal rate increase had nothing to do with PS publishing and was beyond their control. It's, the postal cost increase, just frustrating. There has really only been one, maybe two books I've wanted from PS Publishing recently and I didn't pursue purchasing either book. I guess from now on if I really, really want one of their books I'll note the title and author and watch eBay and compare versus Camelot Books and other sellers.

Cap
      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post

I fully understand the postal rate increase had nothing to do with PS publishing and was beyond their control. It's, the postal cost increase, just frustrating. There has really only been one, maybe two books I've wanted from PS Publishing recently and I didn't pursue purchasing either book. I guess from now on if I really, really want one of their books I'll note the title and author and watch eBay and compare versus Camelot Books and other sellers.

Cap
        It's worth keeping an eye on the UK ebay site as well as US one. I often find PS books heavily discounted there. I've only seen a very few PS books that sell for more than retail. Postage costs are still huge but if you can pick up the book at a discount it often works out cheaper than buying direct from the retailer.

Comment

Working...
        X