Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chasing the Boogeyman by Richard Chizmar:

Boogeyman.jpg

Interesting. Is this really his first novel? I thought he had written a few years ago and what about Gwendy's Magic Feather ? And when it said that it was preempted I thought it was put on the shelf for now. This sounds like a good concept.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
      Interesting. Is this really his first novel? I thought he had written a few years ago and what about Gwendy's Magic Feather ? And when it said that it was preempted I thought it was put on the shelf for now. This sounds like a good concept.
      Wikipedia states that Gwendy's Magic Feather was his second full length novel so I am not sure what they mean. I assume Midnight Promises is the other. I am guessing the pre-empted statement indicates that the novel was purchased and is no longer on the market.

Comment

MIDNIGHT PROMISES is a short-story collection.

I’m guessing all the Gwendy books were considered novellas by the press release, arguably due to their shorter length.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
          MIDNIGHT PROMISES is a short-story collection.

I’m guessing all the Gwendy books were considered novellas by the press release, arguably due to their shorter length.
          Magic Feather is over 300 pages. I consider that a novel.

Comment

Magic Feather is over 300 pages. I consider that a novel.
            Agreed...I didn’t realize it was that long (haven’t read the Gwendy series).
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

So it is not his first or third novel. Two spots on the internet and they are both wrong. What is the world coming to. I am going to have to assume that this is some strange anomaly and continue to live by the old adage 'I saw it on the internet, it has to be true!'

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                So it is not his first or third novel. Two spots on the internet and they are both wrong. What is the world coming to. I am going to have to assume that this is some strange anomaly and continue to live by the old adage 'I saw it on the internet, it has to be true!'
                Bottom line is 2 things were learned from this. 1. This new novel sounds fantastic and I am really really excited about this. And 2. For such a prolific writer it seems we all were surprised that Rich has written so few novels. And he is one of the masters of short fiction

Comment

Bottom line is 2 things were learned from this. 1. This new novel sounds fantastic and I am really really excited about this. And 2. For such a prolific writer it seems we all were surprised that Rich has written so few novels. And he is one of the masters of short fiction
                  Short stories and novellas are what I know him for, A Long December remains one of my top short story collections.

Comment

chasing-the-boogeyman-9781982175160_lg.jpg

Comment

I'm curious if Cemetery Dance will carry copies of Chasing The Boogeyman so we can our copies signed. ~Cap
                      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                        I'm curious if Cemetery Dance will carry copies of Chasing The Boogeyman so we can our copies signed. ~Cap
                        I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                          Richard is working with an independent bookstore to sell signed and inscribed copies.

https://caprichosbooks.com/product-c...-signed-books/

Comment

Working...
                          X