No announcement yet.

New Limited Edition of The Shining from Sub Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're right, it is pretty expensive, but I can only imagine what they have to pay for the rights. King isn't going to give that away cheaply.

Comment

Not negative at all in my opinion. I never even considered the Lettered, decided against the limited due to my feeling that it was simply overpriced. I went for the gift edition, but really considered not buying it due to the price. I think your honest assessment is valuable and is shared by many others.
      Originally posted by frik51 View Post
      A first for me: I didn't buy a single copy of a single edition.
      I love (King) limiteds, love The Shining, had the money, but there's just one reason I didn't go for this book, and it has been said before: overpriced.
      $2500.00 for a book is pretty outrageous. Why charge so much? Simple: King-fans, the ones with money, will go for this edition regardless - and true enough, it's sold out.
      Even the S/L edition, close to $500.00. I would have loved a copy, but I hate the feeling I've been taken. So, I decided against getting this edition as well.
      The gift edition is reasonably priced, but so far I haven't felt the urge to go for it. Don't think I will.

Am I being too negative here? Maybe, but it's how I feel.

sk

Comment

So I thought I'd post this here, as I've seen a common misconception floating around a couple of other book related message boards I lurk on. It is a common misconception that comic book artists are cheaper artists to work with than say artists that don't do comics. It's actually typically the opposite. Not to defend SP but it is something to keep in mind, as I just saw someone blasting SP for picking a cheaper artist to maximize profits, and that irked me just a little bit.

I'm not involved in that part of the business here, but from what I know about the industry and what I know about comics and their artists, comic book artists are anything but cheap.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
          So I thought I'd post this here, as I've seen a common misconception floating around a couple of other book related message boards I lurk on. It is a common misconception that comic book artists are cheaper artists to work with than say artists that don't do comics. It's actually typically the opposite. Not to defend SP but it is something to keep in mind, as I just saw someone blasting SP for picking a cheaper artist to maximize profits, and that irked me just a little bit.

I'm not involved in that part of the business here, but from what I know about the industry and what I know about comics and their artists, comic book artists are anything but cheap.
          Is it alright if I use your quote here?

Comment

Peoples assumptions never cease to amaze me.
            Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
              Is it alright if I use your quote here?
              Go for it.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

only 254 copies left for the gift editions!

Comment

According to Uncle Billy's newletter, the sp site crashed 5 minutes before it went live with the sale. We did it!!!!
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I saw that also. I didn't even try until sales had been open an hour. Although response was slow the order went through without an issue.
                    Originally posted by srboone View Post
                    According to Uncle Billy's newletter, the sp site crashed 5 minutes before it went live with the sale. We did it!!!!

Comment

reserved

Wonder what will happen in the morning since CD is being so secretive. Only 15 more hrs. to go.

Comment

Help!

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                        Anyone else see this? I can't decide which version I want!

http://subterraneanpress.com/feature...imited_edition
                        I bought A limited @ $450.00 and a Lettered @ $2500.00 - I'm really hesitating about keeping the $2500.00 version.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                          Wonder what will happen in the morning since CD is being so secretive. Only 15 more hrs. to go.
                          I think they are going to announce signed Superbowl programs!!!

Comment

s/l jack's axe ?

Comment

Keep both. If you decide you don't like the lettered edition you could send it to me for Christmas.
                              Originally posted by Shakingman View Post
                              I bought A limited @ $450.00 and a Lettered @ $2500.00 - I'm really hesitating about keeping the $2500.00 version.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                                Keep both. If you decide you don't like the lettered edition you could send it to me for Christmas.
                                Send Bookworm the traycase with the Rodriguez remarque and send me the book so i can compare the difference with my S/L

Comment

Working...
                                X