No announcement yet.

New Limited Edition of The Shining from Sub Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, because I have such great self control I just went and ordered a gift edition after ordering a limited about an hour ago. I just can't say no to The Shining and risk not being able to go back for a gift when I actually have the money for it. But it still won't compare to my lettered, triple (color) remarqued IT.

Comment

Originally posted by jigertz View Post
      .... But it still won't compare to my lettered, triple (color) remarqued IT.
      SWEET!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
        Down to 115. I think IT tooks 3 or 4 hours to sell out? And $450 is a good chunk of change for most people.
        Well, CD's site says 30 hours for the limited to sell out, but the site was pretty much down for a lot of that time, so 3-4 hours of it being up in a stable way is probably right. The lettered edition sold out in under half an hour though. I find their pricing of the limited and lettered editions of The Shining to be too high, which could explain why they aren't sold out yet. The lettered is 500 more than IT and their Limited is 25 under the price of IT. All for a book that is a little under half the size of IT and isn't an anniversary edition.

I say that, but if I had a lot of money I'd probably purchase a copy, lol
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

The Limited and Lettered are now sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            The Limited and Lettered are now sold out.
            I guess the after-work crowd on the East Coast got busy I'm glad I got mine.

Comment

Took a little longer than I expected.

Comment

Just curious what you guys think of Rodriguez's art. Over at TheDarkTower.org the reaction is pretty negative but as a fan of Locke & Key I think he's pretty good, even though he wouldn't be my first choice for this.
                Last edited by CyberGhostface; 01-24-2013, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Boy that was fun reading about all of everyone trying to spend so much money from a pub that a lot of people seem to not like..Congrats to those of you who were able to get a signed copy. I passed on all copies for now. I know only the gift is still around but not sure about this. I have never had issues with sub press and do like their books.

Comment

I think I'm the only only one who actually shows any open hostility towards sp.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I am a fan of Rodriguez based on Locke and Key. I know a lot of people don't like comic artists are right for novel art. I am not inclined to think that way. I am interesting in seeing what he does with the story. Since I was only going for the Gift edition I was in no hurry to order, I think there is a good chance the Gift Edition will still be available upon publication. I decided to order today to ensure I received the Rodriguez art chap book as well.
                      Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
                      Just curious what you guys think of Rodriguez's art. Over at TheDarkTower.org the reaction is pretty negative but as a fan of Locke & Key I think he's pretty good, even though he wouldn't be my first choice for this.

Comment

I have no negative opinion of Subterranean, I have a few of there books and am satisfied with the quality. I have had no issues with them but I have never had an issue that required customer service. I now have two books on pre-order with them so that may change. The one criticism I have of them is that their books are often not worth the retail price in my opinion, this is the reason I only own a few of their books.
                        Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                        Boy that was fun reading about all of everyone trying to spend so much money from a pub that a lot of people seem to not like..Congrats to those of you who were able to get a signed copy. I passed on all copies for now. I know only the gift is still around but not sure about this. I have never had issues with sub press and do like their books.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
                          I like the Locke & Key artwork too. I have a lot of Sub Press books, and I think they've had the best over all artwork of any publisher I buy from.

For me, the artwork is not that important compared to the story. If you have a crappy story with great art, then I'm not buying it. A great story with crappy art is still a great story.

Comment

331 Gift Editions left.

Comment

It doesn'y say so on the SUbPress page, but Bill confirmed that The Shining will be that nice over-sized...um..size. I LOVE the oversized books!!! Sure they're less portable, but they just strike me as an even nicer book.

Comment

A first for me: I didn't buy a single copy of a single edition.
                                I love (King) limiteds, love The Shining, had the money, but there's just one reason I didn't go for this book, and it has been said before: overpriced.
                                $2500.00 for a book is pretty outrageous. Why charge so much? Simple: King-fans, the ones with money, will go for this edition regardless - and true enough, it's sold out.
                                Even the S/L edition, close to $500.00. I would have loved a copy, but I hate the feeling I've been taken. So, I decided against getting this edition as well.
                                The gift edition is reasonably priced, but so far I haven't felt the urge to go for it. Don't think I will.

Am I being too negative here? Maybe, but it's how I feel.

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X