New Limited Edition of The Shining from Sub Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Agreed. It's definitely overpriced, which is extremely annoying as many lettered editions are only available to the super rich and are way out of reach to us normal folk.
    Yep same here, unfortunately the best I can ever seem to manage is gift editions

Comment

I have found that if you check the Subpress site at night (in the US) you will find the updates up. Bill seems to be a night owl. Also, new announcements tend to be posted on Sundays, with the newsletters going out the next day.

Comment

Cool! Thanks for the heads up, Joe!!!
        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
        - Stephen King

Comment

No problem, thats how I saw Wool and The River of Souls.

Comment

Is CD still waiting for its shipment?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianS View Post
              Is CD still waiting for its shipment?
              Yeah, should be on the way soon. We wouldn't have been able to receive it yet anyway because the 8 new books we just received, and then basically everyone here got sick, so we're way behind.

Brian
              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

I have a question for everyone on here. I'm trying to decide if I'm being an unreasonable asshole or not. I was lucky enough to get one of the 50 Chong remarques in my limited edition of The Shining, and the Sub Press website has samples of the three types of images he is drawing. One of the three is of the hedge lions, which I don't particularly like. I emailed Bill and asked if he could send me either one of the other two, just not the lions. He replied that he can try but not guarantee it.

So, I emailed him back and told him that I'm paying $700 for this book with a remarque; I don't think it's too much to ask that, out of only 50 remarqued copies, I not get one of the three types of remarques.

Am I being unreasonable? I've asked Mindy, Brian, and Dan for more outrageous and obnoxious things than that, and they have always been super accommodating. Maybe I'm too used to being treated well at CD.

Comment

Can't say it's unreasonable, but there may already be circumstances where others are already spoken for.

Comment

I think you are being reasonable. I would have asked the very same thing, as I am not a fan of the lion remarque either. When you are investing $700 into a purchase, you should expect to receive a certain amount of customer service and not the response you received. "I will try but cannot guarantee it" would certainly piss me off if was spending $700 on a book.
                    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                    - Stephen King

Comment

I don't think that they know which copies have which remarques in them. The LEs probably come already shrink-wrapped simply in a box marked as having the remaques. That's just a guess. I'd ask him for a more deteailed explanation.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                        I don't think that they know which copies have which remarques in them. The LEs probably come already shrink-wrapped simply in a box marked as having the remaques. That's just a guess. I'd ask him for a more deteailed explanation.
                        I never thought of shrink wrap. If he tells me that's the reason, then it's all good.

Comment

In case anybody has been losing sleep over this, and because I remember a previous thread talking about bad experiences with customer service at Sub Press, I just want to say that I never got a response to the follow up email I sent about the remarque. Maybe I didn't spend enough money on the book to deserve a response.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                            Yeah, should be on the way soon. We wouldn't have been able to receive it yet anyway because the 8 new books we just received, and then basically everyone here got sick, so we're way behind.

Brian
                            Sure hope those "extra" copies that SB found were not the copies for CD . . .

Comment

Originally posted by BrianS View Post
                              Sure hope those "extra" copies that SB found were not the copies for CD . . .
                              HA! Naw, we've shipped a bunch, but we were short and Bill is sending us more late next week. He would send them sooner, but the Gift Editions got pushed to the back of his warehouse when the Limited Editions arrived and his staff can't get to them until they finish shipping the Limited Edition. We should have the rest of our copies of the Gift Edition next Friday, so we'll be shipping them right away the following week. Sorry for the delay. We just sold a few more than we realized, but luckily Bill had a few more for us.

Brian
                              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Just got a shipping notice from SubPress, which I expect is for the limited of The Shining!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X